Pink Lemonade Popsicles
a thirst quenching frozen popsicle treat to keep cool when the temperature is rising!
Now that the summer temps are heating up we are enjoying our homemade pink lemonade these last few weeks.
I make popsicles all the time using fresh summer fruits. They are on the healthy side of the scale and if the fruits are not sweet enough I just add in a little honey or maple syrup. All in all a refreshing summer treat any time of the day!
Using a quarter of a pitcher of the Pink Lemonade I just pour it into popsicle molds and I also add fresh berries.
The refreshing pink lemonade has become a favorite, well at least for a few weeks until someone comes up with an idea for a new flavor.
Oh, but wait! Of course the boys are always looking to create their own signature drinks and snacks. So here we have a ‘signature’ pink lemonade popsicles made using a favorite sports drink.
Just add enough of the drink to a basic homemade lemonade to get the color you like. Then I did the unthinkable and added sliced strawberries for an added pinch of healthy.
We have a lot of fun in the kitchen, all you need is a little creativity and a little wisdom from the kiddies and you can make a signature recipe the kids will be excited to try.
Here’s our recipe for summer pink lemonade popsicles using a favorite sports drink. The kids liked these I think mostly because it was their idea. We’ve made several batches already and the summer just started.
- 1 quart of lemonade (recipe link above or you can use your favorite brand)
- ½ cup red drink (or add the amount that will give you the color you prefer)
- MIx together the lemonade and the sports drink.
- Add more or less of either the lemonade or the drink to get the desired 'pink' color.
- Pour into the popsicle molds.
- This mixture will make approximately 10 to 12 popsicles depending on the size of the mold you use.
- Freeze at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
This is a fun summertime #cookingwithkids project. On rainy days when everyone seems to be a little restless, they will perk up and have fun making their own popsicle recipe.
Here are a few easy recipes to get started when #cookingwithkids this summer.
Here is a basic Homemade Lemonade Recipe