Crunchy Quinoa Salad
Crunchy Quinoa Salad can be made in advance. It’s a hearty delicious salad as a side dish or a main meal on a hot summer day. This will serve 4 to 6 as a side with dinner.
- Prep Time: 10-15 min.
- Cook Time: 15-20 min.
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 small bunch of baby kale
- 1 head of romaine lettuce,
- 1 small bunch of baby spinach
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 4 tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and cut in matchsticks
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
Citrus Dressing Ingredients
- 1 small shallot
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or any light vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 2 tbls. chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. When cooked set aside and chill.
- Rinse all the fresh greens and cut up into small chunks and add to a large bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the fresh greens.
- Cut up the shallot into small pieces so it’s easier to chop in the mini processor. Juice the fresh lemon and fresh orange and set aside 2 to 3 tablespoons each for the dressing. Add all the ingredients into a mini processor, using only 2 tablespoons of lemon and orange juice and pulse until well blended.
- Taste and add either more lemon or orange juice to taste, or vinegar as needed.
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss approximately 30 minutes before serving.
- Chill and serve when ready.
Keywords: Quinoa salad, crunch apples, fresh spinach, summer salad