With ONLY 3 ingredients, just a few minutes to prep and a prepared pie crust you can serve this light and lemony no bake frozen lemon pie recipe any day or for any special occasion.
I’m a huge fan of No-Bake desserts and frozen pies. They are most often easy to make and require only a few ingredients which you probably have in your pantry.
NO BAKE FROZEN LEMON PIE RECIPE
- A prepared pie crust (which I always keep in my pantry) and these 3 basic ingredients:
(1) fresh squeezed lemon juice;
(2) sweetened condensed milk (homemade with no refined sugar);
(3) your choice of either whipped cream or cool whip.
Simply mix the 3 ingredients in a medium bowl then pour it into a prepared pie crust and freeze for a few hours before serving. This is an easy ‘make in advance’ dessert when entertaining – great for bridal and baby showers, weekend gatherings.
Remove the frozen lemon pie from the freezer only 10 minutes before serving. The pie doesn’t freeze solid, so it’s very easy to cut and serve almost immediately. If you have leftovers you can put it back into the freezer. I’ve made this several times and placed the leftovers in the freezer without any issues.
This no bake frozen lemon pie recipe is quick and easy to prepare and only takes about 10 minutes if you are going to whip up fresh whipped cream and a prepared pie crust. If you choose to use cool whip you can mix this together in way less than 10 minutes.
When you need an easy dessert this no bake frozen lemon pie recipe is one to add to the menu. Great to make in advance when menu planning for parties or large gatherings. It’s also delicious to make for family holiday events. A delicious dessert for Spring celebrations and also Mother’s Day.
I make homemade sweetened condensed milk and I used cool whip only because I wanted to eliminate some of the calories. However, feel free to make fresh whipped cream and fold it into the sweetened condensed milk.
No Bake Frozen Lemon Pie Recipe
No Bake Frozen Lemon Pie recipe is a delicious spring and summer dessert. Only 3 ingredients needed & you can make this in advance and freeze. When you are ready to serve dessert, remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is adapted from the Creamy Lemon Pie I in allrecipes.com magazine. The prep for this recipe is about 10-12 minutes. Freeze time at least 4 hours.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hrs chill time
- Total Time: 3 hrs chill time
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- You will need a 9 inch prepared pie crust:
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (here are 3 quick & easy recipes I use) 3 Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes
- 12 oz. whipped topping (defrosted) OR homemade whipped cream.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a medium bowl.
- Add in the fresh squeezed lemon juice and stir well. Then fold in the whipped topping (or whipped cream if using) until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Place in freezer and let set at least 4 hours.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: no bake lemon pie, frozen pie, dessert, summer dessert, homemade sweetened condensed milk
The recipes I share are very flexible and this no bake frozen lemon pie recipe is no exception. Use your favorite sweetened condensed milk or non-dairy sweetened condensed milk.