3 Easy Dunkable Dessert Party Dips
take practically no time to prepare and are delicious whenever you want to snack, or need an easy dessert any time, any season, any gathering.
Let me explain, I’ve been feeding the “I don’t like that” crowd/family long enough that I needed to find a way to add everyone’s favorite snacks and fruits to a plate along with a variety of dips I know everyone will like . . . simple No?.. YES, here’s what I was thinking.
When I was planning my menu I wanted to serve fondue. When I couldn’t find my fondue pot I decided to do a cold take on fondue. I also thought that if you were hosting a large crowd fondue may not be user friendly for the long day.
Then I thought dips just might be a better idea. These easy dips will withstand the long resting time on the buffet table with no problem.
Something for everyone may sound ridiculous. However, this can be more economical when you think about it. There is no waste, whatever is leftover can be saved for the next day and it’s a great way to get lots of smiles – you’re giving the crowd what they like!.
So I’m bringing to the table this week something that is easy to prepare, fun to eat, will satisfy the sweet tooth, and you could say we’re adding a ‘pinch of healthy’ by using fresh fruits along with the usual snack foods with these 3 Easy Dunkable Dessert Party Dips.
Fruit baby, you need fresh fruit to balance that meal. Well, that’s a mom talking. So here we have three easy dunkable dessert party dips to serve with fresh fruit, pretzels and chips — you can’t have game day or a party without pretzels and chips.
I serve this snack assortment quite often as you can see this is one of my older photos and I cut up bananas which are great for dipping in chocolate along with apple slices.
This is so easy and the ‘big score’ for this dessert is that there is no mess to prepare it in advance then set it aside until you are ready to serve it.
You can buy everything you need in the supermarket and that includes the dips or sauces. I used ice cream toppings – chocolate, caramel sauce and marshmallow sauce. They are just the right consistency for dipping and dunking and will stay ‘dippable’ for several hours without refrigeration.
Of course you can make homemade sauces if you have the time, but sometimes with a crowd it’s easier to buy the sauces.
Use your favorite fruits and dippers for a crowd pleasing snack that you can serve for game day, family movie night, kids parties, and just about any gathering.
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 5 Apples, sliced
- 3 Bananas, sliced ½ inch diagonally
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 16 oz. pkg. Pretzels
- 16 oz pkg. Potato chips with ridges
- 12 oz. Chocolate sauce
- 12 oz. Caramel sauce
- 12 oz. Marshmallow sauce
- Slice the apples in eighths and place in a bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over them and stir to be sure the apple slices are covered in lemon. Don’t worry that it will be too lemony. When you are ready to plate them you will first lay them out on paper towel and gently wipe dry.
- Slice the bananas in diagonal slices and place them on a plate and squeeze with a little lemon. Pat them dry with paper towel when ready to plate.
- Rinse the strawberries and pat them dry. Place them whole on a platter with separators if you have one. If not, just neatly place the fruit on plates large enough to hold the fruit and a dip.
- Put out the pretzel sticks and the potato chips in separate bowls.
- Next pour the each of the sauces into dipping bowls. Put out a package of toothpicks and you are ready to serve.
This is a dessert for everyone in your party circle — vegetarians, fruit lovers, chip-a-holics and anyone with a sweet tooth. As always my recipe is flexible so you can use the fresh fruits that you know everyone will enjoy and add their favorite dips for the perfect pairing.
You might also enjoy these desserts: