Easy One Bowl Zucchini Brownies
are made with almond flour for a low carb dessert.
This moist and delicious chocolate brownie recipe is made with a ‘pinch of healthy’. I know you are saying what in the world is a ‘pinch of healthy’?. . . For me, using alternative sugars, a healthy veggie such as zucchini for moisture, eliminating the ‘high carb grains’ and replacing it with almond flour adds up to ‘a pinch of healthy’.
It has taken me a few years to find and test these types of recipes and get my family to enjoy them without ever knowing that I’ve cut out some sugar, carbs and bad fats and they are eating veggies.
Chocolate is one of the best ‘coverups’ when it comes to hiding certain flavors. It’s no surprise that chocolate is a favorite in our family, and I’m sure it’s a favorite in many others’ as well, so testing these recipes is worth the time and effort to come up with a delicious ‘healthier’ dessert to give my family and share it with you.
Making a recipe that is mixed together with a whisk or spatula in one bowl is also a huge plus. You definitely do not need any special equipment and the prep takes just a few minutes. These few teeny tiny things makes this recipe a ‘home run’.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (use the smallest size grates on your cheese grater), add to a fine strainer to drain for about 30 minutes.
- 6 tbls. butter, melted
- 2 tbls. avocado oil (or any flavorless light oil)
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup of Monk Fruit (or use your preferred sweetener)
- 1 tbls. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 4 oz. 70% chocolate chopped (I used 4 squares of Ghirardelli 70% chocolate bar)
- Using a medium bowl, add in the drained zucchini, melted butter, egg, your preferred sugar, and vanilla and mix until fully combined - this takes about 25-35 seconds.
- Next add in the almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt and blend well with the zucchini mixture. The mixture will be thick but it should not be a dry mixture - if it’s dry mix in a tablespoon or two of water.
- Stir in half of the chopped chocolate pieces.
- Pour mixture in to the prepared baking pan and sprinkle the remaining chocolate pieces over the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.The brownies may still be soft when touched but they will firm up when chilled.
- Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes then refrigerate until well chilled - approximately 30-60 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
This brownie recipe is more of a cake like brownie, rather than a fudgey brownie, and very delicious. When I say that my family is picky, they are not big veggie eaters, this easy one bowl zucchini brownie is a terrific way to hide the veggies.
This is an easy recipe to make anytime of year or anytime you are stuck in the house. How about those days when you are waiting for a repair man or when the kids might be under the weather you can easily make one bowl zucchini brownies for dessert. It will make everyone smile!
This recipe can easily be made gluten free, just check the labels.
PLEASE SHARE &