Orange Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Orange Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies is a small batch recipe (approx. 14-16 cookies) and has No refined sugar. You can double the recipe for a larger batch. This recipe was adapted from a recipe I found on tasteofhome.com.
- Prep Time: 10-12 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-14 minutes
- Total Time: 45 min.
- Yield: 14-16 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tbls. Monk Fruit (or use your preferred sugar)
- 6 tbls. coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbls. grated orange zest
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper or use non-stick cooking spray. Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, orange zest and vanilla. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix just until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Cover the bowl and chill about 30 minutes or until it’s easy to handle.
- Roll out the dough to about 3/16 inch (this is a little thicker than the usual ¼ inch) then cut out 2 inch rounds and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned.
Feel free to eliminate the walnuts if you have nut allergies. These cookies are delicious and easy either way!
Keywords: easy cookie recipe, fall cookies, orange walnut cookies, chocolate chip cookies