This recipe is adapted from one of Alton Brown’s recipes. I liked using a coffee percolator to make this, it was very easy. This recipe has alcohol but it can be eliminated for a delicious Family Friendly Holiday Mocktail.
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Cook Time: 20 min.
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
- 1 bottle red wine
- 2 oz. brandy or fruit liquor (optional)
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- sliced fruit (orange, apple, pear, etc., optional)
- 2-4 tbls. honey or maple syrup
- P.S. – Use grape juice and apple juice to make a Family Friendly Holiday Mocktail
- Using a Coffee Percolator, add the spices and zest to the coffee basket.
- Pour the wine, brandy or liquor if using, and the honey or maple syrup into the coffee pot.
- Place the coffee basket into the pot and cook for about 1 hour on a low heat so that the wine will gently percolate. Do not let it boil, just cook slow about 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend. Add the fresh sliced fruit to the hot wine and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Keep on a very low heat to keep warm and serve when you are ready.
Keywords: Mulled Wine, Christmas Holiday Drink, Family Friendly holiday drinks