Posted by https://wineladycooks.com/2017/02/easy-chocolate-souffle-for-two-air-fryer-recipe/
© 2017 Wine Lady Cooks. All rights reserved.
Easy Chocolate Souffle for Two Air Fryer Recipe
This recipe is adapted from Air Fry Everything! by Meredith Laurence - Chocolate Souffle.
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar for garnish
- whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Butter and sugar two 6-ounce ramekins. (Butter the ramekins and then coat the butter with sugar by shaking it around in the ramekin and dumping out any excess.)
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler - set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks vigorously. Add the sugar and the vanilla extract and beat well again. Drizzle in the chocolate and butter, mixing well.
- Stir in the flour, combining until there are no lumps.
Pre-heat the air fryer to 330ºF.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peak stage which is when they can "almost" stand up on the end of your whisk.
- Fold ⅓ of the whipped egg whites into the chocolate mixture gently, until all the whites have been combined with the chocolate mixture.
- Transfer the batter carefully to the buttered ramekins, leaving about ½-inch at the top. (You may have a little extra batter, depending on how airy the batter is, so you might be able to squeeze out a third soufflé if you want to.) Place the ramekins into the air fryer basket and air-fry for 14 minutes. The soufflés should have risen nicely and be brown on top. (Don’t worry if the top gets a little dark – you’ll be covering it with powdered sugar in the next step.)
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
- I served the souffle slightly warm and topped it with whipped cream.