Blueberry Lemon Muffins Air Fryer Recipe
makes 12 delicious muffins for breakfast, snacks and weekend brunches.
I enjoy making muffins for snacks and weekend breakfasts. They are always quick and easy to make and now that I’ve been using the air fryer, baking and cooking has become a bit easier as the cooking and baking time is shortened. That’s a dream come true.
Most of the recipes I share are quite flexible and this muffin recipe is no exception. If lemon is not your favorite you can substitute orange or just leave out the citrus. You can also substitute your favorite fruit for the blueberries.
For the blueberry lemon muffins I used a recipe I’ve had for a while and thought I would test it in the air fryer (you can also bake this blueberry lemon muffins recipe in the oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes).
To begin, self-rising flour is needed to make blueberry lemon muffins air fryer recipe and of course I did not have any – I usually just buy all purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour and coconut and almond flour. I figured that’s enough of an investment in flours, so I usually look for substitutes.
Self-rising flour is a simple substitute you can easily mix up in no time at all. Here is a very easy How to Make self-rising flour recipe in case you need it.
Blueberry Lemon Muffin Air Fryer Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit (or use your preferred sugar)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (any light cooking oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- brown sugar for topping (a little sprinkling on top of each muffin-less than a teaspoon)
- In small bowl mix together the self rising flour and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cream, oil, lemon juice, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir just until blended.
- Spoon the batter into silicone cupcake holders, sprinkle ½ tsp. brown sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 320 degrees for 10 minutes, check muffins at 6 minutes to ensure they are not cooking too fast. Put a toothpick into the center of the muffin and when the toothpick comes out clean and the muffins have browned they are done. No need to over-bake the muffins, they will continue to cook for another minute or two after they are removed from the air fryer.
- Remove and cool.
Blueberry Lemon Muffins air fryer recipe is so easy to make and it’s been a keeper in our family. This recipe makes 12 muffins and the prep only takes about 5 or 6 minutes. I’ve made this many times using whatever fresh berries I have, or chocolate chips, and sometimes I leave them plain using only orange zest and juice.
If you have leftover muffins, put them in a plastic bag and refrigerate. They will stay fresh 4-5 days. When ready to eat, wrap the muffin gently in a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds. Enjoy with coffee or tea.
PIN FOR LATER:
I make muffins anytime, any day, for breakfast, snacks, desserts, just because it’s Tuesday, and to cheer a friend who might need a smile today!
Have you used an air fryer? If so, what are your thoughts?
Saving time and calories is always on my list. Follow along with me on my air fryer cooking journey, sharing my tips and helpful hints: