Chicken Pot Pie Baked Egg Rolls Air Fryer Recipe
is a very easy snack or side dish to make anytime. Oven Baked Egg Rolls have less calories and are much easier to prepare than frying.
Now that we have passed the Ides of March we should be seeing signs of spring but snow is still covering the ground and, alas, no sign of spring flowers yet.
With all the cold and blustery weather this March I’m still making comfort food. I like to make the most of whatever I have in my fridge especially when the weather keeps us in the house and supermarket runs are just not in the cards.
Last week I made homemade chicken soup and I made enough chicken to save for a Chicken Pot Pie this week. When I was ready to fill my pie dish there was quite a bit of filling left over. This was not much of a problem – I’ve been making lots of egg rolls this winter and I had few egg roll wrappers in the fridge I could use. Yes I used the leftover pot pie filling, and that was a good thing! This cooking project turned out to be a winner.
A light dinner or a great snack for game watching, making baked egg rolls is easier to make than you might think. The prep time is only 10 minutes or less, and the oven bake time is 30-35 minutes. The air fryer cook time is quite a bit less – only 6 to 8 minutes.
I’m sure there are many who enjoy a crispy egg roll but not so keen on the greasy ‘take out’ egg rolls we sometimes get. Baking egg rolls is one of the best ways to enjoy egg rolls anytime you’re in the mood, they have less calories and definitely not loaded with oil.
To prep the egg rolls just scoop 1 to 2 teaspoons of filling on to the lower half of the egg roll wrapper, brush edges with egg wash, and roll up. That’s it, in just a few minutes you can wrap 6 egg rolls.
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- ½ tsp. chopped garlic
- ⅓ cup diced potato
- 14 oz. can of vegetable broth or use bouillon
- leftover chicken if you have it (this is optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten (for wonton wrappers)
- In a 12 inch saute pan, saute the potatoes, carrots and onions for a few minutes - until the onions become a little opaque.
- Add in the frozen peas and garlic. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- If you have leftover chicken, add to the pan and stir in the vegetable broth or bouillon.
- Make a slurry with 1 tablespoon of flour and some of the broth and add it to the pan, stirring until well combined.
- Cook for a few minutes until the broth thickens. Remove from heat and cool it enough so that you can work with it to fill the wonton wrappers.
So Much Better Than Take Out!, give these chiken pot pie baked egg rolls or air fryer recipe a try. They are seriously crunchy and there’s no grease dripping down your arm. Sooooo very easy to make.