Homemade Old Fashioned Lemonade Recipe
is easy to make any time for a refreshing thirst quenching drink when the first summer heatwave hits.
When the temperatures start rising you always want to try to stay cool and hydrated by drinking non-alcoholic beverages and eating lots of fresh fruit.
One easy way to get started is to keep everything on ice – both the food and drinks – and ready for everyone to munch on and quench your thirst.
You might get a bit of resistance to refrain from the beer and wine, but after a couple of hours everyone will join your camp and be convinced that the alcoholic beverages were not keeping them cool. Well, helloooooo!!!!!!
With the high temps and humidity it’s best to stay hydrated with non-alcoholic beverages, keep activity to a minimum, and stay indoors and out of the sun. What a terrific way to “CHILL OUT” after a busy work week and do NOTHING! . . . . . a great way to re-charge.
This classic, homemade old fashioned lemonade recipe is quick and easy. In under 10 minutes you can have a pitcher-full of fresh lemonade. Garnish with fresh citrus slices, mint and lots of ice. You need just a few basic and simple ingredients:
- Lemons (approximately 10 for a pitcher)
- Water and/or Simple Syrup – which is equal parts water and sugar)
- You can substitute honey or your favorite sugar substitute
- Lots of ice, fresh mint, lemon slices
Let’s get started so you can have your delicious Homemade Old Fashioned Lemonade recipe ready for the weekend.
- 10 Lemons
- 2 quarts filtered water
- 5-8 slices of fresh lemon (if lemons are large you will have more slices)
- 2 - 3 stems of fresh mint
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar (you can use honey if you prefer)
- Squeeze as many lemons to make about 1¼ cups of lemon juice. Strain if you would like to remove the pulp.
- Add in the simple syrup to the juice.
- Next add in filtered water 1 quart at a time. Stir well and taste.
- Add in more water or maybe more lemon juice based on your preference.
- Check for sweetness as well. If too sweet add more water, if not sweet enough you can add additional sugar, honey or your preferred sweetener.
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices