Everyone’s Favorite Mini Powdered Sugar Doughnuts
quick and easy to make, are baked not fried which gives them a pinch of healthy to start the day.
Even though the weather is warm it never stops me from baking. I’ve been a little obsessed with mini foods lately. Trying to stay on portion control is easier with small bites of food.
Since grampy luvs the mini powdered donuts I thought I would look for a recipe for baked donuts. I found one on KingArthurFlour.com that looked easy enough to make. So I made what you might call everyone’s favorite mini powdered sugar doughnut recipe that are baked and not fried.
I had to make a couple of batches until I finally came up with a doughnut that had the flavors grampy wanted. Just a little more nutmeg and cinnamon did the trick.
It’s very easy to make everyone’s favorite mini powdered sugar doughnuts recipe. It takes less than one hour from start to clean up. No worries if you do not have a mini donut pan, you can use a mini muffin pan. Just be sure to only fill the muffin cups half full (rather than the 2/3 full for a cupcake or muffin). It’s worth a try!
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 TBLS. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅓ cup Monk Fruit in the Raw (or use your preferred sweetener)
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbls. plain yogurt
- 1 tbls. applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbls. avocado oil (or canola/vegetable oil)
- confectioner’s sugar for coating
- In medium sized bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, add all the wet ingredients and whisk together until foamy.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir gently just until well combined. Spray mini doughnut pan with cooking spray and fill each doughnut form only half full.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until they spring back when you touch them lightly. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack for 3 minutes.
- Add confectioner's sugar to a large freezer bag. Drop the warm doughnuts in confectioner’s sugar to coat and place on tray.
- You can also dip them in melted chocolate or baste them with melted butter and dip them in cinnamon sugar.
Everyone’s Favorite Mini Powdered Sugar Doughnuts recipe is baked and I guess you would consider it a cake doughnut. While they are warm from the oven, quickly shake them in a baggie with powdered sugar and serve. A glass of cold milk or a cup of coffee with a doughnut or two is a great way to start the day. These baked (cake) doughnuts are very much like the little white package of doughnuts you get in the supermarket.
Make a donut shop variety of glazed, chocolate covered, or the traditional powdered sugar. You’ll be surprised at how yummy they are and everyone will LUV them!!!!!