Fresh Fruit White Sangria Made Family Friendly
The dog days of summer are here and this refreshing fresh fruit White Sangria made family friendly is a drink everyone will enjoy.
Simply defined, ‘Sangria’ traditionally was made with red wine (although today red or white wine is used), fresh fruit and fruit juices, and optional brandy or other spirit of choice.
For a family friendly sangria add your fruits of choice then add a complimentary fruit juice (i.e., white grape juice, pom juice, etc.) and seltzer, sparkling water or a sweet carbonated soda in place of the wine. Very easy, Yes?
I always make family friendly drinks. When the temps are high it benefits everyone to have a refreshing drink that will cool you down rather than spike your pressure.
The best part is that sangria is a flexible recipe. Use what you like and eliminate what you don’t. Since we are deconstructing the sangria you can make this lighter in alcohol by adding more fruit juice or carbonated beverages and adjust it to your taste.
When using seasonal fruits you can serve fresh fruit white sangria made family friendly any time of the year and use whatever wines/fruit juices you have on hand. Just don’t use your most expensive wines for sangria.
There is no magic recipe for sangria, but I’ve listed a basic and simple recipe to get started. Remember to taste as you go. Add or leave out whatever you prefer to please your palate. Make it your own “Specialty of the House”!
- 1 bottle of white wine
- Sliced Lemon (optional)
- Sliced Lime (optional)
- 2 Oranges sliced
- 1 cup each of any berries and/or stone fruits cut up
- 4 cups fruit juice
- ½ cup Sugar (Optional if using fruit juice)
- 2-4 cups of your choice -- sparkling water, seltzer (plain or flavored), ginger ale, etc.)
- Add fruits as suggested above OR your preferred fruits
- ½ gallon of fruit juice (i.e., white grape juice, pom juice, apple juice, etc.)
- 1 litre of flavored seltzer, ginger ale, 7-Up or filtered water (taste first and add only as much/little as preferred)
- With citrus fruits, slice them and place them in the wine and juice for about 1 hour in advance of serving in order for the flavors to blend. If using just stone fruits, cut them in slices or cubes and add to the wine.
- Stir gently and serve with fresh fruit slices in each glass.
- Eliminate the white wine and add fruit juices (i.e.,white grape juice or apple juice or pom juice) and carbonated seltzer or water along with the fresh fruits you decide to use.
The summer is fading fast so kick back and ‘chill out’ with a fresh fruit sangria made family friendly on a balmy summer day with family and friends.
PLEASE SHARE &