Dairy Free Strawberry Creamsicle No Added Sugar
a frozen summer treat with only 2 ingredients needed to make refreshing afternoon snack with a ‘pinch of healthy’ and no one will every know.
Homemade frozen fruit treats often need only a few ingredients and you can have a refreshing treat that’s both easy to make and a little healthier for everyone to enjoy. They can be made using almost any fresh fruit you choose.
I always have strawberries on hand and when they are starting to over-ripen I just add them to the blender and puree to make a fresh fruit frozen treat.
When using fresh summer fruits that are very ripe they are often sweet enough so that there is no need to add additional sugar. That’s a “good thing”.
This dairy free strawberry creamsicle no sugar added recipe is only 2 ingredients and you only need a blender and popsicle molds. The ripe strawberries I had were already naturally sweet – a bonus! So let’s get the popsicle molds ready, pull out the blender and your dairy free strawberry creamsicle no added sugar treat will be ready to freeze in minutes.
Give them at least 4 to 5 hours to freeze. I often make frozen treats in the mornings. That gives them plenty of time to freeze and they’ll be ready to serve right after the grill has cooled down.
- 1½ cups pureed strawberries
- ½ - ¾ cup of coconut milk (add more or less based on your preferred level of creaminess)
- Puree the strawberries, strain if you wish though I didn't.
- Add the coconut milk to the blender with the strawberries and blend a few seconds until well blended.
- Pour into the molds & freeze for 1 or 2 hours and insert the popsicle sticks.
- Continue to freeze another 4-6 hours or until fully frozen.