A quick, easy and delicious vegetarian appetizer or salad recipe to serve anytime and any season.
Fresh Tomato Bruschetta Topped Polenta Rounds
I’m quite sure I’m not alone in my quest looking for easy side dish recipes that can be served to everyone for any occasion and anytime of the year. Recently I made this fresh tomato bruschetta topped polenta rounds salad and it was a hit.
You can do most of the prep for this recipe in advance and if the kids are around they can help plate the salad just before you are ready to serve.
During the winter I do make polenta from scratch when I have more time. It’s easy to make following the directions on the package. However, today we’re talking quick and easy.
You can find vacuum sealed tube-like packaged polenta sold in the pasta section of most supermarkets or sometimes in the refrigerated section. It’s easy to find the round ‘tube-like’ polenta and some markets also have pre-seasoned varieties available.
Fresh tomato bruschetta polenta rounds is an easy appetizer or weekend snack in the summer. For holidays I often make the polenta rounds heated in the oven parmesan (or parmigiana) style. For the summer I like to use the abundance of fresh tomatoes. This year the tomatoes have been so sweet and delicious I made a fresh tomato bruschetta to add to the polenta rounds.
They were a hit and after our ‘table-talk’ discussion the consensus was that these are also great to make on game day. Whether it’s the Fall or Winter, really anytime you need an easy appetizer, snack or party salad this fresh tomato bruschetta topped polenta rounds will be a fan favorite. When the weather outside is frightful you can just heat the polenta rounds under the broiler – sooooo easy!!
Fresh Tomato Bruschetta Topped Grilled Polenta
Fresh Tomato Bruschetta Topped Grilled Polenta Rounds an easy summer side salad or appetizer. An easy to make recipe for afternoon snacks or a lovely appetizer for your weekend bbq gathering.
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: 3-5 min.
- Total Time: 20-25 min.
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- This recipe will serve about 6 as a salad, or approx. 8 for appetizers.:
- Prepare Bruschetta In Advance:
- 1 pint grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 shallot chopped small
- 1 small clove garlic chopped (optional)
- 2-3 TBLS. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbls. fresh chopped basil and/or parsley
- For Polenta Rounds:
- 1 prepared polenta roll
- Cut up the tomatoes and the shallot, garlic parsley and/or basil and add to a small bowl. Mix together the seasonings and oil about 1 hour before you are ready to serve.
Prepare Polenta Rounds
- Slice polenta into rounds about ¼ inch thick and lay out on a foil pan if cooking in an oven and lightly drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper. – If grilling place the polenta rounds on the grill and cook about 2 minutes on each side.
- The polenta is already cooked, so you just want to heat through and get nice grill marks.
- If cooking the polenta in the oven place the rounds on a foil pan and broil for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from oven and place on platter.
- Place the cooked polenta rounds on a platter layered with mixed greens. Top the rounds with the fresh tomato bruschetta served family style. OR you can add the bruschetta in small bowls to the table and everyone can add the bruschetta as they wish.
Serve this fresh tomato bruschetta topped polenta rounds family style as a salad before dinner or serve as appetizers. This is an easy vegetarian dish and also can be gluten free (just be sure to check the labels and the ingredients you are using).
Summer Salads are so refreshing. This easy Homemade Orange Salad Dressing for a Fresh Garden Salad or Crunchy Quinoa Salad are summer salad favorites. Take advantage of the fresh produce and enjoy these crunchy and delicious summer salads on any day or any occasion.