Grilled Bacon Wrapped Figs With Goat Cheese
quick and easy to make on the grill or you can easily bake them in the oven – a delicious appetizer anytime.
It’s so much easier to grill bacon during the summer. It keeps the kitchen cooler which is great when the temperatures are high. However, you can always bake these in the oven anytime of the year.
We do not usually have a real-food snack on weekend afternoons but today I had the time and all the ingredients to make something different.
Since everyone here in our casa likes bacon I decided to wrap figs with bacon, then I crossed my fingers and hoped no one would notice they were eating figs. These grilled bacon wrapped figs with goat cheese made the day . . . every now and then I win the food game.
This is a delicious appetizer is very easy to make, and also is great to add to a buffet. It goes well with cool drinks in the heat of the summer.
When it’s too late for lunch and definitely too early for dinner grilled bacon wrapped figs with goat cheese hits the spot. You can also make these as party appetizers for any occasion and on game day.Print
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Figs with Goat Cheese
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Figs with Goat Cheese is a delicious appetizer that can be grilled in the summer or baked in the oven in winter.
- Prep Time: 15-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-20 min.
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 1-2 dz.
- Category: Appetizer/Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 6-12 slices of bacon cut in half (number of bacon slices depends on the number of figs you have)
- 6-12 fresh figs, halved (the number of figs needed will be determined by the number of guests you will be serving)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese or feta cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup spinach
- Wash the fresh figs and slice them in half.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap a half strip of bacon around each fig half.
- Place the wrapped figs in a grilling basket – if you have one – and place on hot grill.
- Cook until the bacon crisps to your liking – turning the grilling basket to cook on all sides.
- Line a plate with the spinach leaves. Add the cooked grilled bacon wrapped figs to the spinach lined plate and add crumbled cheese if using. Serve when ready.
I crumbled goat cheese over the cooked figs, but you can use whatever cheese you prefer or choose not to use cheese, it’s optional. You can also stuff the figs with cheese before you wrap with bacon. Cut a slit in the fig and add a cube of cheese then wrap the fig with the bacon.