Low Carb Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Bread Sticks
Low Carb Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Bread Sticks is a great snack on game day, movie night or for a side dish with dinner.
- Prep Time: 20-35 min.
- Cook Time: 25-35 min.
- Total Time: 45-60 min.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- For the Cauliflower Bread Sticks:
- 1 large head of cauliflower (OR 1 package of riced cauliflower)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella – divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese – divided (or your preferred cheese)
- 1 egg beaten
- salt and pepper – and any other seasoning you might like – add to taste
- OPTIONAL – 3-4 slices cooked bacon chopped
- Wash and cut the florets from the stem of the cauliflower and pat dry OR use the precut riced cauliflower either frozen or the fresh store brand.
- Using a grater or ricer, grate only the florets into a bowl – discard the stems.
- When all the cauliflower is grated or riced, place in a bowl (do NOT add water) and cook for 3-5 minutes in the microwave.
- Drain the cauliflower through a fine sieve or lay on a clean cloth towel, roll up the towel and squeeze the water from the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower in a shallow dish & occasionally give it a stir.
- Add the dried cauliflower to a bowl.
- Add in the beaten egg, half of the cheeses, herbs if using, salt and pepper and mix well. Stir in bacon if using.
- On a parchment lined pan spread out the mixture in a thin layer to form a rectangle (mine was about 14 x 7 which will vary based on the size of the cauliflower)
- Spread the remaining cheeses on top and place in a 400 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes or until it is browned.
- Remove from oven and cool for about 20 minutes. Then carefully transfer to a plate and cut into slices.
Keywords: low carb, cauliflower bread sticks, bacon, cauliflower with cheese and bacon