No Bake 3 Ingredient Famous Chocolate Refrigerator Roll Recipe
is the ultimate vintage ‘ice box cake’ or refrigerator roll and the easiest cake recipe you must have in your recipe box.
Don’t you just love easy recipes that are tried and true and can be made for any and every occasion. Especially when it’s budget friendly. This is also a NO special equipment needed, make it in advance dessert and ready for a party anytime of the year.
Not to give away my age, but I remember my cousin making this cake for us way back in the ’50’s. I enjoyed it so much and was amazed it was the easiest dessert to make that I have been making this no bake 3 ingredient famous chocolate refrigerator roll recipe for many years.
In keeping with my mission to prepare quick and easy recipes I’m sharing with you this recipe that is No Secret. You might already know about this no bake refrigerator roll recipe, but just in case someone out there is a young or new cook or baker this recipe is out there for everyone. The recipe is on every box of the Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafer cookies — the “Famous Chocolate Refrigerator Roll.”
This cake makes a lovely presentation and takes a few minutes to make – well maybe 30 minutes if you are organized. It’s worth the time and little effort!
No Bake 3 Ingredient Famous Chocolate Refrigerator Roll
Recipe is adapted from the Nabisco "Famous Chocolate Refrigerator Roll" recipe.
- 1 box of chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 pint of heavy cream for whipping
- 1/2 tbls. vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar (use as much or as little sugar as you like)
- 4 cookies crumbled for decoration
- To make whipped cream, use a chilled bowl. If using a stand mixer pour in the cream and use the wire whip to whip the cream. Add in powdered sugar a tablespoon at a time to desired sweetness (taste as you go for desired sweetness level). You can also add in vanilla extract for flavor to taste.
- Spread each cookie with whipped cream and sandwich them together standing up on a plate.
- Continue until you have used all but 4 cookies. Save the 4 cookies for topping.
- Spread remaining whipped cream to cover the entire cookie log.
- Crumble the 4 remaining cookies and sprinkle over top for decoration.
For best serving results make this in advance – at least two hours or more before serving. If you can, make this in the morning of the day you want to serve it. The moisture from the cream gives the cookies a cake-like consistency. It’s then easier to slice on the diagonal for the layered cake effect.
In our stress-filled over-scheduled lives, this is one recipe that can make a difference when it matters most. You know, when you are having unexpected guests, or need to bring a dish when you’re short on time, or . . . I’m sure you can fill in the blanks.
This no bake 3 ingredient famous chocolate refrigerator roll recipe will make you the star of the day. Everyone will be asking for your secret recipe!
You can be as creative as you want to make this cake stand on it’s own for any occasion. For the Christmas holiday add peppermint extract to the whipped topping. Sprinkle crushed candy canes on the top for more holiday spirit.
For the chocolate lover, make a chocolate mousse for the filling and topping. The possibilities are endless.