Quick Easy Grilled Shrimp Arugula Salad
This quick easy grilled shrimp arugula salad takes less than 20 minutes to make for a delicious summer meal.
Life gets quite hectic and someone is always hungry when your short on time. No worries, here is a simple and easy meal you can also prepare in advance. Grill the shrimp and even make your favorite dressing up to 2 days in advance. Summer Dinner was never easier!
No secrets here, just grill the shrimp a day or two in advance and keep them in the fridge. When you are ready to get dinner ready, pull out the salad greens, the shrimp you prepared earlier, and dinner is ready in less than 20 minutes.
No special equipment or cooking skills needed to make this quick and easy grilled shrimp arugula salad.
You can cook the shrimp anyway you choose and plan ahead. Mix together the assorted greens in a bowl with the shrimp. Dress with your favorite dressing and add the shrimp. Dinner is served in no time flat!
Here’s my quick easy grilled shrimp arugula salad with an easy lemon dressing to compliment the shrimp.
- 2-4 cups arugula
- 2-4 cups mixed greens, radicchio, baby spinach (whatever you prefer)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 3 TBLS. lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4-8 shrimp, cleaned
- 1-2 TBLS. butter
- Drizzle of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 TBLS. chopped parsley
- Add the greens to a large bowl and add in the walnuts and cheese of choice.
- To prepare dressing, add the lemon juice and olive oil to a measuring cup and mix together with a fork. Add in the salt and pepper and parsley. Set aside
- To broil shrimp, place on baking pan and drizzle with olive oil, spread with butter, add chopped garlic and salt & pepper.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the top of the salad, drizzle with the dressing.
- Toss and serve.
You certainly can customize your salad by adding your favorite salad ingredients.
When I make a salad as a main dish such a this I try to use radicchio and mesculin along with baby spinach. It makes the meal more satisfying and a bit healthier.
I like to have multigrain crackers with this salad or Focaccia Bread if we have it leftover.