Easy Homemade All Purpose Baking Mix will be your lucky charm for those times when you just can’t get to the stores and would like to bake.
Life comes with lots of hurdles – stormy weather, a cold or flu, the kids are home from school, and the list can go on . . .. Any of these hurdles can keep us from baking something special when we realize we are missing an ingredient.
This all purpose homemade baking mix is something to keep in your pantry all year round. You can use it to make pancakes, waffles, muffins and biscuits when the mood strikes or when that blizzard hits. How about when you are just about ready to put dinner on the table and you forgot the rolls, you can whip up a batch of biscuits with this all purpose homemade baking mix and dinner is ‘saved’!
Be prepared for those times when those unexpected hurdles prevent us from going out, you’ll always have all purpose baking mix available so you can at least make breakfast, dinner or something to cheer everyone when cabin fever sets in.
A while back I posted a homemade ‘bisquick’ style recipe HERE if you are a bisquick user. It’s also very quick and easy to make. The difference with the ‘bisquick’ style homemade mix and this all purpose homemade baking mix is that this recipe does not include adding the shortening or butter.
- 6¾ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Nonfat Dry Milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium/large bowl using a whisk.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbls. honey (add more or less according to taste)
- 1 tsp.vanilla
- Mix the above wet ingredients in a large bowl and then gently stir in 2 cups of your all purpose homemade Baking Mix and blend just until moistened. The batter will be lumpy.
- Gently fold in ⅔ cup of berries or chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan and bake 15 minutes, or until tops spring back or an inserted toothpick comes out dry,
Here are two other “How To Make” Homemade Recipes You Might Want To Try:
(#1) 3 Ingredient Sweetened Condensed Milk and (#2) Self Rising Flour
PLEASE SHARE &