Dairy free, refined sugar free and quick and easy to make fresh peach almond crumble gluten free recipe you can oven bake or bake in the air fryer anytime.
Fresh seasonal fruits are perfect for making delicious desserts. I use whatever is available in my pantry to make a fresh fruit dessert since the variety is almost endless. Lately it seems everyone is enjoying fresh peaches and I had enough to make make a peach crumble for dessert.
So you might be asking what the difference is between fruit crisps, crumbles or streusel topped desserts. I make them all but never thought about the differences until I was looking for a low carb dessert. That’s when I noticed the differences in the toppings.
Here’s the “EASY 411” for fresh fruit dessert toppings: fruit crisps and crumbles are similar except the crumble has no oats, nuts or coconut. Streusel topping needs a sweet mixture of flour, butter and sugar. It’s that simple.
Recently I’ve been remaking some of our favorite recipes using lower carbs and other alternative ingredients to fit our dietary needs. Like the song “Mama Said There’d Be Days Like This . . .” – but who knew it would require a new diet. Life throws us curve balls now and then so I’m adjusting and moving forward.
Using alternative ingredients makes for interesting recipes. Most often we do not realize that an old recipe we’ve made for years can now be made gluten free, dairy free, or refined sugar free as well as a low carb alternative dessert everyone will enjoy. I added almonds for crunch in this fresh peach almond crumble since we do not have nut allergies at this time. However, feel free to leave out the almonds for a nut free dessert.
So let’s get to this quick and easy fresh peach almond crumble gluten free recipe you can bake either in the oven or in the air fryer. This crumble takes a total of 30 minutes if you bake it in the air fryer. OR if you bake this delicious peach almond crumble in the oven you’ll need only a few extra minutes for baking.
Fresh Peach Almond Crumble Gluten Free Recipe
FRESH PEACH ALMOND CRUMBLE RECIPE
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free dessert is very easy to make.
Recipe adapted from www.perchancetocook.com
- 3 to 5 large peaches, peeled and roughly cut
- pinch of salt
- 1 to 2 tbls. coconut sugar
- 2 to 4 tbls. vegan butter, separated (I use Smart Balance)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tbls. coconut sugar for the topping
- Slivered Almonds (optional garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees - OR - Preheat Air Fryer to 330 degrees.
2. Lightly butter an 8 x 8 glass baking dish and set aside. - For Air Fryer use ceramic ramekins or tart dishes to fit in your air fryer.
3. In a small bowl add the cut peaches, coconut sugar, lemon juice and pinch of salt and stir to combine.
4. In another small bowl add the almond flour, cinnamon, coconut sugar and non-dairy butter alternative, using a fork blend together the ingredients so that the mixture looks clumpy.
5. Add the peaches to the prepared baking dish(es) and spread evenly. Dot the top of the peach mixture with one tablespoon of butter.
6. Add the almond flour crumble, using your hands crumble the topping over the peaches.
7. Place in the preheated oven and bake 20 to 30 minutes.
8. For the Air Fryer recipe, place the individual tarts into the preheated air fryer. Be sure you check the manufacturer's recommendations for baking time. My dessert baked in about 15 minutes.
The baking space in the air fryer is smaller than the oven space. Use individual ramekins or tart pans for the air fryer. As you can see in the photo I used individual ceramic tart dishes to bake in the air fryer. I was able to put two of these 4 inch ramekins in the air fryer.
Make this delicious dessert anytime of the week as well as for guests, it’s really quick and easy.
You Might Also Enjoy These Fresh Fruit Recipes:
Below is a photo of the traditional oven baked fresh peach almond crumble gluten free recipe I baked in a 8 inch ceramic baking dish.