Fresh Homemade Cold Tomato Soup
Fresh Homemade Cold Tomato Soup made with garden fresh tomatoes. This soup is NOT Gazpacho, it’s an easy to make fresh tomato soup that is chilled before serving.
- Prep Time: 10-12 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 min.
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 4 cups
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- 1-2 TBLS. olive oil
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 4-6 large fresh tomatoes, cubed
- 2 TBLS. chopped fresh parsley, basil, cilantro and/or fresh oregano (your choice)
- lemon wedges
- Heat oil in stock pot and add the chopped vegetables. Saute for 3-5 minutes just until tender and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the 1 cup of liquid to the pot and simmer about 15 minutes just until the flavors blend. If the soup is too thin for you add 1-2 TBLS. tomato paste to thicken and simmer another 20 minutes. Remove from stove to cool.
- Let cool for 45 minutes, then put it all in the blender and puree until smooth. If there are too many seeds or skins pour it through a strainer or sieve.
- Refrigerate several hours until ready to serve. Sprinkle the fresh chopped herbs on top of each serving. Add sliced lemon for garnish.
Keywords: summer soup, cold tomato soup, easy recipe