Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe is a basic recipe with only 3 basic ingredients. We used the Ice and salt method for this recipe. Then we use the ice cream machine. This is a fun day #cookingwithkids. You can find this recipe everywhere in cyberspace.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-10 freeze time
- Total Time: 15-20 min.
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- MAKE THE ICE CREAM FIRST:
- 1 cup Half & Half cream or whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 TBLS. sugar (or use maple syrup)
- Prep Items Needed:
- 1 gallon size freezer bag
- 1 quart size freezer bag
- 3-5 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup coarse salt (Kosher salt is best, but you can use whatever salt you have available)
- In a small bowl or a 2 cup measuring cup add in the cream or milk, vanilla extract and sugar, mix well to blend.
- Pour the milk mixture into a quart size plastic bag and seal tightly. Set aside,
- Add the ice cubes to a gallon size plastic freezer bag, filling the bag half full with ice.
- Sprinkle salt into the bag with the ice.
- Add in the sealed quart size bag into the gallon size bag and seal tightly.
- Then SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE for several minutes until the milk has turned to ice cream. This takes approximately 5 minutes although the time will depend on how much ice/salt and shaking you do.
This recipe was a test recipe so it only makes 1 serving. You can double the recipe, though the freeze time will take longer than 5-10 minutes
Keywords: no churn ice cream, cooking with kids, homemade vanilla ice cream.