A quick and easy fresh Caprese style pasta dinner recipe you can make in less than 15 minutes. Using only a few ingredients makes this an easy recipe for a weeknight meal anytime of the year.
We are well into tomato picking and the garden is now in overdrive with the most delicious plump juicy tomatoes. Taking center stage on the kitchen counter is the tomato bounty this weekend. The cherry tomatoes are sweet and delicious. We are eating them like candy.
We’ve also enjoyed these juicy gems in our omelets for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and with fresh pasta for dinner and, of course, no meal would be complete without a cold tomato salad.
It’s no surprise that my family’s favorite meal is pasta. Dinner today is a Tomato Mozzarella Basil Pasta Recipe Caprese Style for a delicious quick and easy summer dinner. I’ll add these fresh garden tomatoes and fresh mozzarella which I had in my fridge to make a caprese style pasta dish. However, I make this recipe quite often during any season when schedules are hectic. With so few ingredients and only the time it takes to cut up the tomatoes and cook the pasta you will have a delicious dinner to enjoy after a hectic day.
- 1-2 cups fresh tomatoes, quartered (feel free to use 2 or 3 large tomatoes cut up)
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbls. olive oil
- 1 tbls. chopped fresh parsley
- 2-3 tbls. chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls or bocconcini (you can slice them in half if necessary)
- 1 lb. pasta cooked according to package directions
- Slice the tomatoes, chop the basil and parsley and set aside.
- Add the water to a large pot and place on med-high heat to boil for the pasta.
- In a medium saucepan heat olive oil and saute garlic for a minute or two. Add in the sliced tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 minutes. If pasta is till cooking turn off the heat and cover the tomatoes.
- Drain the pasta when ready, add to a bowl and pour in the tomatoes and then stir in the mozzarella.
- Stir in the parsley and basil and serve. Add grated romano cheese as desired.
This tomato, mozzarella, basil pasta recipe Caprese style is very popular in Italian restaurants especially in summer with the abundance of fresh tomatoes. The fresh ingredients are tossed into the cooked hot pasta and served immediately. A refreshing summer meal made with the freshest of ingredients.
When the weather changes to cooler temps I often make this Caprese style pasta recipe hot by sauteing the tomatoes in olive oil and then I add the fresh cooked pasta into the sauted tomato mixture, then serve and add in the mozzarella.