Tomato Mozzarella Basil Pasta Recipe Caprese Style
Tomato Mozzarella Basil Pasta Recipe Caprese Style is a quick and easy summer meal. All the fresh basil, mozzarella, and pasta is a great meal to make when days are hectic. Use your garden fresh tomatoes and basil.
- Prep Time: 10-15 min.
- Cook Time: 5-12 min.
- Total Time: 20-25 min.
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 1-2 cups fresh tomatoes, quartered (feel free to use 2 or 3 large tomatoes cut up)
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbls. olive oil
- 1 tbls. chopped fresh parsley
- 2-3 tbls. chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls or bocconcini (you can slice them in half if necessary)
- 1 lb. pasta cooked according to package directions
- Slice the tomatoes, chop the basil and parsley and set aside.
- Add the water to a large pot and place on med-high heat to boil for the pasta.
- In a medium saucepan heat olive oil and saute garlic for a minute or two. Add in the sliced tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 minutes. If pasta is till cooking turn off the heat and cover the tomatoes.
- Drain the pasta when ready, add to a bowl and pour in the tomatoes and then stir in the mozzarella.
- Stir in the parsley and basil and serve. Add grated romano cheese as desired.
Keywords: summer dinner, fresh pasta, quick and easy recipe, 30 minute meal