Jump into fall with this easy recipe for pumpkin crumb cake baked doughnuts with maple glaze and enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate, your pumpkin spice latte or afternoon tea.
With leaves starting to fall and a chill in the air it’s nice to sit back with a pumpkin crumb cake doughnut with maple glaze and a cup of hot cocoa or coffee. Watching the leaves slowly waving in the air as they fall from the trees is quite calming. A great way to start any day with a smile.
Sweets are one of my favorite things. Having a delicious and comforting dessert after a long day has a way of sweetening the day and often will make you smile – oh yes, that’s why I like sweets. So let’s start a new season with a comforting sweet treat.
Baked doughnuts are a terrific fall and winter treat for breakfast or snacks. Here is one of my very quick and easy baked doughnuts – or donut recipe I’ve made for snacks that everyone enjoys especially as an after school snack.
This quick and easy pumpkin crumb cake doughnut with maple glaze recipe can be made from start to finish in less than 40 minutes. The doughnuts bake in approximately 10 minutes, depending on the altitude and oven, cool for 30 minutes then drizzle the maple glaze over the doughnuts.Print
Pumpkin Crumb Cake Baked Doughuts With Maple Glaze
Pumpkin Crumb Cake Baked Doughnuts with maple glaze are so easy to make for your weekend breakfast. You can make a batch from start to finish in less than 30 minutes. A delicious fall breakfast treat. Best when served they tend to dry out if kept for more than a few hours.
- Prep Time: 8 min.
- Cook Time: 10 min.
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 6 - 8 doughnuts
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup monk fruit (or your preferred granulated sugar)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or use brown sugar)
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbs. cream (or you can use milk)
- 1/2 tsp. maple extract (use as much or as little as you wish – You can use maple syrup though the flavor will be a little different)
1. In small bowl combine the sugar flour and cinnamon. Add in the butter in small pieces and using a fork blend the butter into the sugar flour mixture until it resembles a crumbly texture. This only takes a minute or so. Chill until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 350. Spray doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
1. Stir all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl. Then add pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, and softened butter.
2. Beat mixture with an electric hand mixer on low speed until combined into a batter; spoon into a donut pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven until donuts spring back when touched, 8 to 10 minutes.
1. In a small bowl add the sugar, cream and extract and mix until well blended. Set aside and drizzle over cooled doughnuts.
2. These doughnuts are best when served ASAP, they tend to dry out if kept for more than a few hours.
Keywords: pumpkin doughnuts, maple glazed pumpkin doughnuts, fall recipe, easy breakfast recipe
The fall season is so beautiful and often it can be very calming. The best way to enjoy the season after a hectic summer is to sit back, relax, enjoy the beautiful colors of nature with Pumpkin Crumb Cake Doughnuts with maple glaze. It’s a great way to get ready for the hectic holiday season ahead.
You might also enjoy this delicious Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles sweet treat you might enjoy this fall for entertaining.