Easy to make air fryer hasselback chicken is a recipe you can make any weeknight for dinner and also for special guests.
Air Fryer Hasselback Chicken Stuffed with Zucchini, Spinach, Tomato
The prep is quite easy and you can prepare it in advance, bake then refrigerate and heat up for 20 minutes when you’re ready for dinner. This delicious weeknight dinner can be either oven baked or baked in the air fryer.
Looking for something different to make for dinner is becoming high on the ‘richter’ scale these days. Rumblings and grumbling ‘no I don’t feel like having that’ or ‘it’s raining, I feel like having something else’ and I could go on but I have no doubt many of you are in the same boat.
Chicken is the one go to for most meals in our family. I’m not a fan, but I cook what everyone wants and tonight it’s this quick and easy air fryer hasselback zucchini tomato spinach recipe.
Hasselback potatoes has been around for decades. However hasselback chicken only jumped onto my radar a few years ago when Walking on Sunshine shared her extremely popular hasselback chicken recipe. The blogging community is always inspiring and then of course there’s Pinterest – this is what keeps
us me going.
I also wanted to make something different that would be easy to make in the air fryer. When I decided that this hasselback chicken recipe was worth a try I immediately checked my vegetable bin – I like to use what I have in my fridge whenever possible.
There was a half zucchini, fresh spinach and tomatoes. The zucchini and spinach were perfect for this recipe. I sliced the chicken breasts and then I knew how much I would need to fill the chicken. Easy start to this new recipe.
I made a light lemon dressing to brush over the chicken for additional flavor. Then saved some of it to drizzle over the cooked chicken.
Air Fryer Hasselback Chicken Stuffed with Zucchini Spinach Tomato
Air Fryer Hasselback Chicken stuffed with Zucchini Spinach Tomato Stuffed, an easy weeknight dinner.
- 2-4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small zucchini, sliced in rounds
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2-3 slices of swiss cheese, or your favorite cheese (optional)
- 1 small clove garlic chopped
- 5-6 lg. spinach leaves
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 3 tbls. olive oil
- 1-2 tbls. lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- On parchment paper, lay out the chicken breasts and slice across the top about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down the chicken. Be sure not to cut into slices.
- Counting the slices you made in the chicken, cut the same number of zucchini and tomatoes, and count that same number for the spinach leaves you will need.
- Place the the vegetables into each slice of the chicken and set aside. OR, set the prepared chicken aside on the parchment paper lined baking pan if oven baking.
- For the light sauce or dressing, add the ingredients into a mini chopper until well blended - takes 20-35 seconds. Scrape down the sides if necessary, give another whirl so that everything is well blended.
- FOR AIR FRYER: Lightly drizzle the dressing over the chicken breasts, using a pastry brush to brush the dressing evenly.
Place in preheated and prepared according to the manufacturer's airfryer directions, and add the chicken to the basket.
Cook about 20 minutes - according to the manufacturer's directions.
- FOR OVEN BAKED: Baste the chicken with the dressing, place in a baking pan and bake on 350 degrees 35-45 minutes. Time is will vary based on the thickness of the chicken and oven.
P.S. I added a slice of cheese to the top of the chicken when it was cooked - just so the cheese melted (this is optional).
Serve with a side of cauliflower mash and/or salad.
This is a flexible recipe. All you need to do is adjust the amount of ingredients based on the how many chicken breasts you use.
The prep photo should give you an idea of what you will need.
I’m all in for easy recipes. This easy air fryer hasselback chicken with zucchini, spinach, tomato stuffed hasselback recipe takes a basic prep of 15 minutes and you can either bake it in the oven for about 40 minutes or in the air fryer 20 minutes. While the chicken is cooking make a side of cauliflower mash or brown rice and dinner in ready.
For a side dish I used the remainder of the vegetables, chopped them up and sautéd them with a little garlic and shallots. Boiled brown rice than added the vegetable mixture to the rice.
PLEASE SHARE &