Vegetable Apple Cornbread Vegetarian Stuffing Recipe
An easy to make apple vegetarian cornbread stuffing for Thanksgiving Dinner is our favorite and I often make it as a side dish during the fall and winter. You can make this in a large casserole or make mini stuffing muffins. Just add a scoop of stuffing to a full size muffin tin, and bake!
- Prep Time: 12-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
- Total Time: 35-45 min
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 large celery sticks, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 2-3 depending on size – or you can use frozen carrots)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash
- 8 oz. vegetable broth
- 1 pkg. cornbread stuffing
- Melt butter in large saute pan or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook celery and onion until translucent – approx. 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add in the remaining vegetables, and cook just a few minutes.
- Slowly add in the cornbread cubes stirring until the veggies are well blended with the bread. Add in the vegetable broth and stir.
- Lightly spray a casserole dish and add in the stuffing mixture. Spread evenly in the dish, cover lightly with foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until nicely browned – approx. 15-25 minutes.
This is another favorite flexible recipe. Use your favorite veggies to make this a family favorite. I sometimes use frozen butternut squash, peas and carrots which makes the prep much quicker.
Keywords: Vegetarian, Thanksgiving Stuffing, stuffing muffins, easy recipe, Game Day recipe