Posted by https://wineladycooks.com/2017/11/bacon-wrapped-pork-tenderloin-air-fryer-recipe/
© 2017 Wine Lady Cooks. All rights reserved.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Air Fryer Recipe
This Easy to Make Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin is a delicious meal anytime.
- 1 Pork Tenderloin
- 3-4 strips of bacon
- 1-2 TBLS. Dijon mustard
For Gravy with Apples
- 2-3 Granny Smith apples, cut in cubes (or use your preferred apple)
- 1 small onion or shallot chopped
- 2 TBLS. butter - divided
- 1 TBLS. AP flour
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. of Dijon mustard (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish with chopped rosemary or thyme (optional) and parsley
- Spread mustard on the tenderloin and wrap with the bacon strips.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook according to the manufacturer's directions. My air fryer time was 360 degrees for 15 minutes, turn over and continue cooking another 10-15 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to test for doneness.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan and add the chopped shallots. Cook on medium heat until they soften, approx. 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the apples and continue to cook until the apples soften, approx. 3-5 minutes. Remove to a dish and set aside.
- In the saucepan make a roux with the butter and flour.
- Slowly add in the broth stirring continuously until the flour is well blended and stir in the mustard if using. Cook on low/medium heat stirring occasionally. When the sauce starts to simmer and bubble around the edges add about 1 cup of the sauted apples. Continue to cook until the sauce thickens a bit.
- When the meat is cooked to the proper temperature, set aside for 5 minutes and then slice.
- Add to platter and serve with the apples and gravy.