A very easy meal to make any time is this delicious bacon wrapped pork tenderloin air fryer recipe. The tenderloin cooks quickly and you can saute the apples in advance. The crispy cooked bacon adds lots of crunch and flavor.
I have made this delicious apple topped pork tenderloin several times even on the grill during the summer. However, making this in the air fryer is even more of a time saver.
I’m always thankful when my dinner turns out as planned. I wasn’t sure what to expect the first time I made the pork tenderloin in the air fryer but all’s well that ends well.
The tenderloin was moist & flavorful and the crunchy bacon was the bonus.
While the tenderloin is roasting in the air fryer you can make the sauteed apples and a brown ‘gravy’ for a very special meal. When I make pork I like to add a little mustard to the gravy along with some of the apples.
In under 1 hour you can have a delicious dinner with brown gravy and fresh apple topping ready for any weeknight or a special weekend dinner.Print
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Air Fryer Recipe
This Easy to Make Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin is a delicious meal anytime.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
- Total Time: 50-60 min.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Cuisine: Dinner
- 1 Pork Tenderloin
- 3-4 strips of bacon
- 1-2 TBLS. Dijon mustard
For Gravy with Apples:
- 2-3 Granny Smith apples, cut in cubes (or use your preferred apple)
- 1 small onion or shallot chopped
- 2 TBLS. butter – divided
- 1 TBLS. AP flour
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. of Dijon mustard (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish with chopped rosemary or thyme (optional) and parsley
- Spread mustard on the tenderloin and wrap with the bacon strips.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook according to the manufacturer’s directions. My air fryer time was 360 degrees for 15 minutes, turn over and continue cooking another 10-15 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to test for doneness.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan and add the chopped shallots. Cook on medium heat until they soften, approx. 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the apples and continue to cook until the apples soften, approx. 3-5 minutes. Remove to a dish and set aside.
- In the saucepan make a roux with the butter and flour.
- Slowly add in the broth stirring continuously until the flour is well blended and stir in the mustard if using. Cook on low/medium heat stirring occasionally. When the sauce starts to simmer and bubble around the edges add about 1 cup of the sauted apples. Continue to cook until the sauce thickens a bit.
- When the meat is cooked to the proper temperature, set aside for 5 minutes and then slice.
- Add to platter and serve with the apples and gravy.
Keywords: bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, air fryer recipe, easy recipe
Oh, and Do Not forget about game day. Make this bacon wrapped pork tenderloin early in the afternoon and add it to the table with all the other delicious goodies. Easy, quick, and it’s a winner.
You might also enjoy these Air Fryer Recipes:
Now that I use the air fryer this delicious bacon wrapped pork tenderloin air fryer recipe can be made any time of the year. How about in the midst of a blizzard, definitely comfort food at its best. Life is always an adventure in our kitchen no matter what the weather.
Of course, this recipe can easily be prepared and then roasted in the oven. What I like about the pork tenderloin is that it cooks quickly so making this in the oven is just as easy. Add approximately 10-15 minutes cooking time. Everyone’s oven is different so the time will vary.