Dress up dinner and replace the rolls or homemade biscuits with this Quic Easy Parsley Scallion Popover Blender Recipe.
I have been looking for something different as a side to go with our soups and stew. I had an ‘A Ha’ moment and decided to change up our menu with delicious quick and easy parsley scallion popover recipe. The popovers are prepped in a blender which makes them a bit quicker to make than homemade biscuits which I make very often.
To be true to my ‘quick and easy’ cooking philosophy I recommend this popover blender recipe as a must make if you want an alternative to bread with your dinner.
If you are having dinner guests popovers will make a great impression with very little effort on your part. Everyone will think you’ve been baking all day and you will look like a ‘rock star’.
This quick easy parsley scallion popover blender recipe is so easy to make on any weeknight or holiday. It took all of 5 minutes for the prep in the blender then pop into the oven and out come these delicious tasty popovers. You can add whatever herbs, spices or cheese will compliment your meal.
The key to making a successful popover is to be sure the pan you use is pre-heated before you pour the batter – just place the pan in the hot oven while you are preparing the batter – simple.Print
Parsley Scallion Popovers
Quick and Easy Parsley Scallion Popovers are prepped in a Blender. Add your favorite herbs and seasonings and/or cheeses for a special side to serve with dinner.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- Total Time: 35-45 min
- Yield: 6 Popovers
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Remove all of the racks from the oven except one arranged in the lower third position. Place a baking sheet in the oven while it heats.
- Place ½ teaspoon of the butter into each well of a 12-well muffin pan; set aside.
- Place the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, eggs, milk, sugar, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Turn off the blender, add the flour, and the scallions, replace the lid, and blend until just smooth, about 30 seconds. Set the mixture aside in the blender.
- Place the prepared muffin pan in the oven on the heated baking sheet and bake until the butter sizzles, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the muffin pan and the baking sheet from the oven. Pouring from the blender, fill the wells of the muffin pan halfway up with batter.
- Return the muffin pan and baking sheet to the oven. Bake until the popovers are puffed and the tops are starting to brown, about 20 minutes. (Do not open the oven door during the baking time.) Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake until the popovers are golden brown all over, about 15 minutes more. (Do not open the oven door until the popovers have baked at least 35 minutes.)
- Remove the muffin pan and baking sheet from the oven and place them on a wire rack. Remove the popovers from the pan and serve immediately.
This recipe was attached to the popover pan when I purchased it.
Keywords: side dish, bread, rolls, popovers, easy recipe, scallion popovers
It’s a breeze to make this quick easy parsley scallion popover blender recipe for any weeknight. They bake up while you start getting everything together. As for any Holiday, it’s just as easy. While you are getting all the dishes ready to serve, the popovers are baking in the oven. They are ready to serve warm with you holiday meal.
You can set the dinner table, heat up the soup or stew while the popovers are baking. Gather everyone to the table and serve the soup or stew. Place the popovers on the table – dinner is served in less than 45 minutes. You even have time to make a salad.
Serve popovers any weeknight or with your Holiday Dinners throughout the year. Don’t forget brunch. Popovers are great with brunch as a compliment to omelets or frittatas.
You can also make popovers either sweet or savory, as a delightful substitution for bread, rolls, muffins. I’m all in on dessert for my next popover recipe. How about this amazing and delicious Blueberry Popover Recipe you can make for breakfast and/or dessert!