A classic breakfast treat for any day and any season these very easy to make cinnamon crumb coffee cake muffins air fryer recipe can be baked in the oven as well.
This recipe calls for buttermilk along with the usual ingredients needed to make muffins. One of my favorite’s about this recipe is that the muffins are always moist and tender, even after a few days in the fridge.
Making muffins is a no brainer for me. They are always very easy and quick including cleanup.
They can be frozen in a plastic freezer bag for a snack whenever the mood strikes. There may also be days you might not have a chance to make breakfast, and are on the run, you can just take one with you on the go.
Sometimes when my time is limited and we are very busy I’ll quickly make mix up a muffin batter rather than make a batch of cookies. They are quick and clean up is a breeze as well.Print
Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Muffins Air Fryer Recipe
Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Muffins Air Fryer Recipe is a quick and easy sweet treat for any day, any season, after school snacks, game day or any gathering.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: 20-25 min.
- Yield: 8 Muffins
- Cuisine: Muffins
- Muffin Batter
- 1 cup AP flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup granulated Monk Fruit (or use your preferred sugar substitute)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted & cooled
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour baking powder and salt.<>/ol>
- In another bowl whisk together the sugar, egg, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Pour the batter evenly into the silicone muffin liners.
Crumb Topping Mixture
- Using the same batter bowl, combine the flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. With a wooden spoon stir in the melted butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Place the prepared muffin liners into the basket and bake at 360 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins and place on wire rack to cool.
You can make your own buttermilk in a pinch. Add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to a measuring cup and add in milk to make one cup. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Use as needed in your recipe.
You can also add a coffee glaze to top the muffins. It’s a matter of personal preference. Some like more sweets and some prefer less sweet. If I were serving the cinnamon crumb coffee cake muffins for brunch I would make a coffee glaze to drizzle on half of the muffins. Or you can add the glaze to a small pitcher. That way those who like the glaze will enjoy and those who do not like extra sweet will also enjoy the muffins.
I like when a recipe falls into the quick and easy, something for everyone category. You might also want to try this very easy Sugar Donut Muffins. They are basic muffins but dipped in cinnamon sugar so they taste like doughnuts. Kids of ‘all ages’ enjoy this muffin.
Surprise the family with these cinnamon crumb coffee cake muffins air fryer recipe for a fun weekend breakfast. OR, you can whip up these delicious muffins on a day when you have lots of free time. Then just freeze them for the weekend or when you need a quick snack.
PLEASE SHARE &