Warm Up on the blustery, snowy winter days with this quick and easy dairy free peppermint hot chocolate recipe.
This is the time of year when you often have a chill and just want to curl up on the couch with a hot chocolate. Well this very easy dairy free peppermint hot chocolate recipe is definitely what you are looking for.
You can make this quick and easy hot chocolate for the entire family and make it special for everyone all at the same time. For those who enjoy the festive flavors of peppermint and those who prefer a classic hot chocolate it’s no problem. Leave out the peppermint until you are ready to pour the hot chocolate into the cup then only add in the peppermint for those who want it.
I’ve often mentioned that chocolate is strong enough to cover up unfamiliar flavors. I used almond milk creamer and cashew milk. I found this combination made a delicious and rich tasting hot chocolate. No one knows, they just loved the hot chocolate.
Of course feel free to use your prefered choice of non-dairy or dairy milks. Your choice of dairy or non-dairy will not affect the recipe in any way. It’s the final result that will take away that chill and ramp up your holiday spirit.Print
Dairy Free Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe
A Dairy Free Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe, a festive quick and easy hot chocolate to make on any chilly, blustery, snowy winter day.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups Cashew Milk
- 1 cup Almond Milk Creamer
- 3 or 4 tbls. Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 3 mini candy canes
- 2 mini candy canes, crushed (add more if you are making additional cups)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- crushed peppermint candy canes
- Chop 2 candy canes for garnish and set aside. Save the 3 remaining candy canes for stirrers.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave at 20 second intervals, stirring until melted.
Dip the rims of the cups into the melted white chocolate. Then immediately dip the rims into the crushed peppermint. Set aside.
- In a 4 quart saucepan heat up the milk. When warm stir in the cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat continually stirring well until the cocoa powder is dissolved.
- Add in the vanilla and peppermint extract. Pour into cups.
- Top with Coconut Whipped Cream and crushed candy canes. Add a candy cane for stirring.
Keywords: Peppermint Hot Chocolate, Winter Holiday Drinks, Christmas Cocoa, Chanukah, Hanukkah
My favorite part of this dairy free peppermint hot chocolate recipe is the white chocolate on the rim dipped in chopped peppermint.
Everyone can have their own specialty dairy free hot chocolate. Ask everyone what their preference for peppermint garnish is before you dip the cup rims into the peppermint. It’s easy, no worries, and everyone will enjoy their ‘specialty’ hot chocolate.