You can make this Easy Homemade Fresh Pear Tart Recipe on any day of the week or for any special occasion.
When pears are abundant in the farmers’ market I always buy some to make a pear tart or rustic galette. In today’s global market, pears can be purchased throughout the year, though the actual pear season is fall through January.
For this particular homemade pear tart I only needed one large pear. Quick and easy recipes are what I try to make most often especially when it comes to dessert. This homemade pear tart is no exception.
This is a recipe I adapted from marthastewart.com and it was easier than I could have imagined.
No Special Pans are needed to make this delicious easy homemade fresh pear tart recipe. I used a cookie sheet pan and spread out the dough directly onto the parchment paper on the pan. So Easy! There are a couple of steps but nothing too time consuming or complicated.
In fact, this recipe took about 15 minutes for prep and I cleaned up while the tart baked. Yes, it really was EASY!!! and FAST!!!
If you need a quick and easy dessert for entertaining, game day gatherings or for a bridal or baby shower, this easy homemade fresh pear tart recipe is a delicious addition to the dessert table. You can make it a day in advance. That will leave you more time for all your other preparations.
Easy Homemade Pear Tart Recipe
An Easy Homemade Fresh Pear Tart is an impressive dessert to serve for any occasion any time of the year. It’s also refined sugar free.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
- Total Time: 40-50 min.
- Yield: 6-8
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1 red bartlet pear
- 2 tbls. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbls. vanilla extract
FOR PIE CRUST:
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 4 tbls. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup AP flour, plus a little for dusting
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Monk Fruit granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tbls. coconut sugar
- Chopped walnuts or slivered almonds (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Halve the pear lengthwise and leave the skin on; remove the core and slice the pear in 1/4 inch slices. Add the pear slices to a medium size bowl and add the lemon juice, vanilla and mix well with your hands until pear slices are well coated with the mixture.
- Next add the pears into a strainer and place over the bowl allowing any liquid to drain off.
- In a food processor or with a hand mixer combine cream cheese and butter until blended. Add the flour, 1/4 cup sugar and salt and mix just until combined.
- Dough will be sticky. Rub a little flour on your hands and turn out the dough on to the prepared baking sheet. Gently pat dough out into a circle (dip fingers in flour if dough is too sticky) about 8 inches. The dough will be very thin.
- See Photos Above — Arrange the pear slices around the dough overlapping the slices until the dough is covered.
- Sprinkle the turbinado or coconut sugar over the pear slices and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 25-35 minutes, just until golden brown.
This recipe is adapted from www.marthastewart.com
You can sprinkle chopped nuts on top of each slice when serving if there are no nut allergies to be concerned with and do add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, or plain Greek yogurt.
Of course I tried each of these toppings for you just to be sure it tasted good. No worries, every topping was perfectly matched to the pear tart.
I really enjoyed a slice of tart as a late afternoon snack one day when I didn’t have lunch. I topped it with Greek yogurt and chopped nuts. Turned out to be a nice late lunch rather than a snack!
For any occasion, baby or bridal shower, brunch gathering or just because you are in the mood to bake, this easy homemade fresh pear tart recipe is the one to make.