Posted by https://wineladycooks.com/2018/01/easy-homemade-fresh-pear-tart-recipe/
© 2018 Wine Lady Cooks. All rights reserved.
Easy Homemade Pear Tart Recipe
Easy Homemade Fresh Pear Tart is an impressive dessert to serve for any occasion any time of the year. It's also refined sugar free.
- 1 red bartlet pear
- 2 tbls. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbls. vanilla extract
FOR PIE CRUST
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 4 tbls. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup AP flour, plus a little for dusting
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Monk Fruit granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tbls. coconut sugar
- Chopped walnuts or slivered almonds (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Halve the pear lengthwise and leave the skin on; remove the core and slice the pear in 1/4 inch slices. Add the pear slices to a medium size bowl and add the lemon juice, vanilla and mix well with your hands until pear slices are well coated with the mixture.
- Next add the pears into a strainer and place over the bowl allowing any liquid to drain off.
- In a food processor or with a hand mixer combine cream cheese and butter until blended. Add the flour, 1/4 cup sugar and salt and mix just until combined.
- Dough will be sticky. Rub a little flour on your hands and turn out the dough on to the prepared baking sheet. Gently pat dough out into a circle (dip fingers in flour if dough is too sticky) about 8 inches. The dough will be very thin.
- See Photos Above — Arrange the pear slices around the dough overlapping the slices until the dough is covered.
- Sprinkle the turbinado or coconut sugar over the pear slices and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 25-35 minutes, just until golden brown.
This recipe is adapted from www.marthastewart.com