a quick and easy homemade Italian Meatball air fryer recipe for any weeknight or special family dinner.
Meatballs and spaghetti for a weeknight dinner is very easy to make. Start with preparing the sauce, then air fry the meatballs and in less than 35 minutes your dinner has been prepared. All you need to do is cook the pasta when you are ready to serve dinner.
You can easily make this homemade Italian meatball air fryer recipe early in the day. Also prepare the red sauce in advance and it will cook while you are making the meatballs. This gives you a head start with getting dinner on the table when everyone is ready.
This is not news to most of us moms out there, but spaghetti and meatballs is a quick and easy weeknight dinner when schedules are hectic. It’s also a favorite with most families.
Here is an easy red sauce recipe. You can make this in advance and freeze a quart or two. How easy, now you’ll have a dinner ready for another weeknight when schedules are busy.
An economical and easy meal to prep for those busy weeks is to make meatballs with tomato sauce. You can have leftovers for 2 more meals. Make an easy meatball parmigiano with a side of pasta one night. Another night you can make meatball heroes or sandwiches for the lunchbox. Now that is both economical and easy.Print
Homemade Italian Meatball Air Fryer Recipe
Homemade Italian Meatball Air Fryer Recipe is low fat, and quick and easy to make. Takes less than 25 minutes to air fry 1 dozen meatballs
- Prep Time: 6 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian/American
- 2 lbs. of ground beef (choose your preferred cut)
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cup bread crumbs (or 3 slices of slightly stale bread made into crumbs with grater or food processor)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. dried oregano (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1 small clove garlic chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. light oil dabbed on a paper towel to coat the air fryer basket.
- Place the meat and all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together with your hands. You can use a wooden spoon to begin the mixing process but using your hands is the best way to blend everything together. Mix the ingredients just until everything is well blended.
- Scoop up a small handfull of meat and roll in the palm of your hand to your desired size meatball (approximately 2 inch round). Or you can use a cookie scoop which will give you even size meatballs.
- Prepare the Air Fryer according to manufacturer instructions. I lightly coat the basket with avocado oil spread on with a paper towel.
- Cook them at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes until lightly browned. Turn them oven and cook another 4-5 minutes. Remove to a plate when baked.
- When ready, place them into the tomato sauce to continue cooking.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
You can bake the meatballs on parchment covered sheet pan at 350 degrees, turning once to brown on both sides. Bake about 10-15 min. per side. Don’t over-bake since they will continue to cook in the tomato sauce.
The meatball recipe I make is very easy. You can substitute some of the ingredients with your preferences and make the recipe your own.
FYI: This recipe, with leftovers, will serve 2 adults and 2 young children. If the children are 7 or older, or you have extra guests for dinner you should increase the amount of ground beef to ensure you have enough for everyone.