A very special and EASY Chocolate Ravioli Pillows Dessert Recipe for any day and any occasion!
Chocolate Ravioli Pillows Dessert Recipe
Chocolate desserts are my favorite. Make it easy to prepare and you’ll find me in the kitchen ready for melting and baking.
I made this chocolate ravioli pillows dessert as a test. I was so excited because it turned out to be easier to make than I ever expected. Don’t you love when a recipe comes together without stress?
We needed a new dessert for our spring family gatherings. This test recipe came out so good it was a keeper. You can easily make this dessert any time, any day or for any special occasion. It’s that easy.
For our spring desserts my mother always made this old fashioned Strawberry Shortcake. It’s a great pairing to go with the chocolate ravioli pillows. This was one of our favorite dessert spreads in a long time.
I call this delicious dessert chocolate ravioli pillows because I used a ravioli mold. The pastry puffed up like pillows. They turned out so great that I made two batches – one would never have been enough – you know ‘you can’t eat just one!‘
Using my trusty ravioli mold I was able to make these delicious chocolate ravioli in no time at all. Don’t worry though, you don’t need a ravioli mold to make these.
I defrosted the puff pastry according to the package directions. While waiting for the pastry to defrost I made a ganache which is simply heating up milk or cream and stirring chocolate chips in the heated milk/cream until they melt.
Once the chocolate chips are melted set the ganache aside to chill. You can refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes which will make the chocolate solidify just enough to scoop up and place in the pastry dough.
I adapted this recipe from Pepperidge Farms. I made a few minor changes — I used Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips and light cream in place of the heavy cream. The recipe below gives instructions to make the ravioli without using a ravioli mold. It’s very easy, you can make this recipe any time.Print
Chocolate Ravioli Pillows Recipe
Chocolate Ravioli Pillow Dessert Recipe is really very easy to make. Using a package of puff pastry along with chocolate chips you can make this delicious and lovely dessert any time or for special occasions and parties.
- Prep Time: 15-20 min.
- Cook Time: 15-20 min.
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 1 1/2 dz.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Package of Puff Pastry
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 egg beaten
- powdered sugar for garnish
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- A Chocolate Ganache is a simple recipe to melt chocolate for frosting a cake; or a chocolate drizzle; or chocolate truffles. For this recipe ravioli pillow recipe we want a truffle type of chocolate ganache.
- For this recipe, use approx. 2 tbls. milk to approx. 4 tbls. chocolate chips. First Heat the milk until very hot, but not boiling. Then add the chocolate chips and let it rest for 1 minute.
- Stir the chocolate and milk until all the chocolate is well blended and thick. Let it cool.
- Prepare baking sheets, lined with parchment paper. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out one sheet of thawed puff pastry and cut it into 3 strips. Then cut each strip into 3 inch squares
- Brush edges of each square with egg wash
- Drop 1 1/2 to 2 tsp chocolate ganache on pastry square and immediately top it with another pastry square.
- Press gently to remove any air around the chocolate chips and seal the square gently using a fork on the four sides of a square. It will look like a ravioli. Now brush the tops with the egg wash
- Continue this process until all the pastry is used. Place all the ‘ravioli’ pillows onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack and cool.
- To serve sprinkle with powdered sugar. Or you can drizzle with a chocolate glaze if you wish.
TIP: To make this recipe quicker and easier replace the chocolate ganache with your favorite chocolate candy bar. Add about a 1 inch square of chocolate to each of the pastry squares. Continue the recipe from step #5 above.
When I was ready to serve the chocolate ravioli pillows I made a little extra chocolate ganache which I drizzled over each chocolate ravioli pillow and then used it as a dipping sauce.
With all this chocolate why not make Cafe Mocha, yes? It was simple — add a spoonful of the chocolate ganache to the coffee cup, pour in the hot coffee, stir well, add cream and then a dollop of whipped cream on top with another drizzle of chocolate.
This is a delicious and easy “Splurge” dessert you can make ‘Just Because’!
How delicious and special this chocolate ravioli pillows dessert recipe will be to serve to your favorite chocolate lovers on Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day.
This recipe is also a great dessert to make in advance for bridal or baby showers or for a special family gathering. They are bound to be a hit with any crowd.