Chocolate Ravioli Pillows Recipe
Chocolate Ravioli Pillow Dessert Recipe is really very easy to make. Using a package of puff pastry along with chocolate chips you can make this delicious and lovely dessert any time or for special occasions and parties.
- Prep Time: 15-20 min.
- Cook Time: 15-20 min.
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 1 1/2 dz.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Package of Puff Pastry
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 egg beaten
- powdered sugar for garnish
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- A Chocolate Ganache is a simple recipe to melt chocolate for frosting a cake; or a chocolate drizzle; or chocolate truffles. For this recipe ravioli pillow recipe we want a truffle type of chocolate ganache.
- For this recipe, use approx. 2 tbls. milk to approx. 4 tbls. chocolate chips. First Heat the milk until very hot, but not boiling. Then add the chocolate chips and let it rest for 1 minute.
- Stir the chocolate and milk until all the chocolate is well blended and thick. Let it cool.
- Prepare baking sheets, lined with parchment paper. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out one sheet of thawed puff pastry and cut it into 3 strips. Then cut each strip into 3 inch squares
- Brush edges of each square with egg wash
- Drop 1 1/2 to 2 tsp chocolate ganache on pastry square and immediately top it with another pastry square.
- Press gently to remove any air around the chocolate chips and seal the square gently using a fork on the four sides of a square. It will look like a ravioli. Now brush the tops with the egg wash
- Continue this process until all the pastry is used. Place all the ‘ravioli’ pillows onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack and cool.
- To serve sprinkle with powdered sugar. Or you can drizzle with a chocolate glaze if you wish.
TIP: To make this recipe quicker and easier replace the chocolate ganache with your favorite chocolate candy bar. Add about a 1 inch square of chocolate to each of the pastry squares. Continue the recipe from step #5 above.