An easy meal to make is this air fryer stuffed flounder roll ups. It’s easier than you think and a delicious dinner any time of year.
Air Fryer Stuffed Flounder Roll Ups
I don’t know why, but I like roll-ups. It does take a little more time to prep the stuffing but it’s so worth the few extra minutes.
Another one of my favorite roll up recipes is Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breasts a recipe that can easily be made in the air fryer.
When cooking a light and mild fish such as flounder you need a little more pizzaz. I added a chopped tomato, celery and chopped red pepper.
We enjoy adding walnuts to certain recipes. Why not add the walnuts to the spinach stuffing. Yes, it’s a great idea. So this easy recipe using what I had in my fridge took so little time to prepare. Cooking the flounder roll ups in the air fryer also takes less time than baking in the oven. This dinner is a winner on all counts.
You’ll have a healthy and delicious meal on the table in 35-45 minutes – from prep to table.
The prep for the filling is quite easy. Chop the tomatoes, garlic, celery and walnuts (if using). Add to a small frying pan and sauté for a few minutes. Just until the spinach starts to wilt, approximately 3 minutes.
Add the mixture to a mixing bowl, then add in 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, salt and pepper to taste and add a bit more oil just to hold the mixture together.
Depending on the size of the fillets, add a spoonful or two and spread over the center of the fillet. Roll up and place a toothpick at the end to keep it together.
Brush the top of the fillet with melted butter and place into the air fryer basket. Cook according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Air Fryer Stuffed Flounder Roll-Ups
Air Fryer Stuffed Flounder Roll Ups is a healthy and very easy dinner to make any time. This makes such a lovely presentation, you can serve this to special dinner guests.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 lb. fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper or roasted red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts (optional)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-2 tbls. olive oil (or any light oil)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 4 large flounder fillets
- lemon wedges
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp. paprika
- 1-2 tbls. lemon juice
- Capers as garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat Air Fryer according to manufacturer's recommendation for fish. OR FOR OVEN BAKED - Pre-Heat Oven 350 degrees
- Add vegetable oil to heated saute pan and add celery and garlic cooking for about 2-3 minutes just to soften. Add in the tomatoes and peppers if using. Cook 2-3 minutes. Then add spinach, and nuts if using, and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the bread crumbs to absorb the moisture.
- Lay out the fillets and add a spoonful of the mixture in the center of each fillet (do not put too much) then carefully roll up, securing with toothpicks.
- Place roll-ups seam side down in buttered baking dish if oven baking, add a dab of butter to the top of each fillet and then add 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and water, sprinkle a little paprika on each, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until fish flakes easily. Season with pepper to taste and if you add a few capers (optional) you won’t need much salt.
- AIR FRYER RECIPE
- Prepare the roll ups and place them into the air fryer basket. Lightly brush with butter or olive oil and bake according to your air fryer manufacturer's directions.
- Mine baked at 340 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
To serve place the cooked air fryer stuffed flounder roll ups on top of a bed of cooked spinach. Drizzle the roll ups with a little olive oil, and add lemon slices and parsley for garnish. Serve with lemon wedges and your favorite side dish. I often make quinoa and add some veggies, chopped fresh tomatoes and parsley.
Serve with lemon wedges and your favorite side dish. I often make quinoa and add some veggies, chopped fresh tomatoes and parsley.
This is another air fryer recipe for baked salmon with pineapple salsa which is also very easy to make and delicious.