Use the abundance of fresh fruits available during every season of the year. Make this refreshing and versatile all season garden fresh fruit salad and dress up weeknight dinner.
All Season Garden Fresh Fruit Salad
This post started out as a summer fruit salad, but I quickly realized that here in the states most fresh fruits are available in the produce markets all year long.
I made this delicious and refreshing fruit salad using oranges, kiwi, and strawberries. A great start to any meal, or in our family this is the perfect ending. Think about how healthy this is as a dessert!
When entertaining I always look for easy to prepare recipes that I know everyone will enjoy. A fruit salad can be just that ‘made to order‘ dish based on your guests preferences. Usually we know what our guests will enjoy so this salad will be a hit.
Starting with a garden fresh fruit salad takes away the stress worrying if this is the right recipe. Fresh fruit is always right, any time and every time!
Need a dish for a potluck or picnic? Make a quick and easy fruit salad. It needs no fanfare and it’s easy to pack up and take along to a potluck.
I’ve served this all season garden fresh fruit salad as a side dish with dinner. It’s also a delicious dessert.
Any recipe that is flexible is a keeper in my recipe box. With this all season garden fresh fruit salad you can add all of your favorite fruits. A winner of a recipe every time.
Depending on the citrus fruits that look fresh and juicy and the occasion I sometimes make individual servings. Or go big and serve family style.Print
All Season Garden Fresh Fruit Salad
All Season Garden Fresh Fruit Salad is welcome any time of the year. This can be a side salad with your weeknight dinner. Or this is a delicious addition to any party buffet table. Make in advance for a head start on your dinner prep.
- Prep Time: 10-15 min.
- Total Time: 10-15 min.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 2-4 grapefruits
- 4-6 oranges
- 4-6 tangerines or clementines (your choice)
- 1/4 cup Honey (or to taste)
- 1-2 TBLS. crystallized ginger, minced (optional)
- fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwis (optional)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds – optional (or use chopped walnuts/pecans, or your favorite)
- First grate the zest of a grapefruit, orange and tangerine or clementine, about 2-3 TBLS. and add to a large bowl with the ¼ cup of sugar.
- Peel the skin from each fruit, removing all the white pith from the flesh of the fruit.
- Carefully slice each section of the citrus fruits between each membrane and place them into the large bowl with the zest and sugar. After removing the sections from each fruit squeeze the juice from the membranes over the fruit in the bowl.
- Cut the clementines into pieces and add to the bowl. Add the minced ginger if you choose to use it, then gently stir all the fruit with the juices and sugar until blended.
- Chill for about 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- (Optional) If you wish, you can put the nuts and ginger into separate bowls on the side.
This salad is so flexible you can use any fresh fruits you know everyone will enjoy. Add two or three varieties, with different colors for a beautiful and healthy salad to serve for any meal. Use more or less of any fruits, there’s no magic recipe for this. Enjoy!
Keywords: fresh fruit salad, garden fresh salad, seasonal fruit salad, citrus salad
Adding sliced almonds or other chopped nuts along with the crystallized ginger adds additional flavors and crunch. You can customize this fruit salad by placing the add-ins in separate dishes For those who may not want crunch. Just place the nuts and ginger in separate dishes on the table for those who would like to indulge.
A refreshing and delicious all season garden fresh fruit salad everyone will enjoy. Garnish with finely chopped mint. For a dressing you might like to make a Homemade Orange Balsamic Salad Dressing. This salad dressing has no added sugar.
I sometimes do not add a dressing to my seasonal fruit salad because the fruits are already delicious. I like to keep them “fresh and clean”. However, depending on the fruits available at the time, I will add a drizzle of honey. This is all a personal matter of taste, feel free to add your favorite dressing.
PLEASE SHARE &