All Season Garden Fresh Fruit Salad
All Season Garden Fresh Fruit Salad is welcome any time of the year. This can be a side salad with your weeknight dinner. Or this is a delicious addition to any party buffet table. Make in advance for a head start on your dinner prep.
- Prep Time: 10-15 min.
- Total Time: 10-15 min.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 2-4 grapefruits
- 4-6 oranges
- 4-6 tangerines or clementines (your choice)
- 1/4 cup Honey (or to taste)
- 1-2 TBLS. crystallized ginger, minced (optional)
- fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwis (optional)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds – optional (or use chopped walnuts/pecans, or your favorite)
- First grate the zest of a grapefruit, orange and tangerine or clementine, about 2-3 TBLS. and add to a large bowl with the ¼ cup of sugar.
- Peel the skin from each fruit, removing all the white pith from the flesh of the fruit.
- Carefully slice each section of the citrus fruits between each membrane and place them into the large bowl with the zest and sugar. After removing the sections from each fruit squeeze the juice from the membranes over the fruit in the bowl.
- Cut the clementines into pieces and add to the bowl. Add the minced ginger if you choose to use it, then gently stir all the fruit with the juices and sugar until blended.
- Chill for about 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- (Optional) If you wish, you can put the nuts and ginger into separate bowls on the side.
This salad is so flexible you can use any fresh fruits you know everyone will enjoy. Add two or three varieties, with different colors for a beautiful and healthy salad to serve for any meal. Use more or less of any fruits, there’s no magic recipe for this. Enjoy!
Keywords: fresh fruit salad, garden fresh salad, seasonal fruit salad, citrus salad