Chicken Vegetable Cauliflower Fried Rice Stir Fry Recipe
Chicken Vegetable Cauliflower Fried Rice Stir Fry Recipe is a quick and easy dinner for any day of the week. All you need is chicken, cauliflower, veggies and Asian flavorings and dinner is ready in 30 minutes or less.
- Prep Time: 8-12 min.
- Cook Time: 15-20 min.
- Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American/Asian
- 1 lb. chicken, cubed (use your preferred dark and/or light meat)
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced – or 1 pkgs. frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 cup of baby peas
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup string beans
- 1-2 carrots shredded or cut in cubes
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 bunch of scallions
- 1-3 tbls. sesame oil
- 1-3 tbls. soy sauce (low sodium is fine)
- 1-3 tbls. Hoisin sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- Prepare the riced veggies – defrosting if frozen and drain/squeeze out as much liquid as possible. If you are using fresh cauliflower, add to food processor or grate florets into rice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onion, minced garlic and grated ginger if using, and cook about 4-6 minutes until softened. Add the riced cauliflower, baby peas, bamboo shoots or whatever veggies you choose. Stirring often until the cauliflower has browned and the other veggies are tender. Transfer to an oven safe bowl and keep in a warmed oven.
- Wipe pan and heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add 2 minced cloves garlic and grated ginger and cook 1 minute.
- Add in the cubed chicken and cook stirring until lightly browned. Add in your vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup chicken broth or bouillon and make a slurry with 1-2 tablespoons of flour mixing well with 3-4 tablespoons of water. Add this to the pan and still well until sauce has thickened – approx. 5-7 mins.
- Add to plates with the cauliflower fried riced veggies and serve.
I always try to remember to keep a bag or two of frozen stir fry style veggies in my freezer. This is a huge time saver. However, if you prefer using all fresh, that’s perfectly fine. I use whatever is faster depending on how busy I am that day.