Make an easy cheesecake that’s just one recipe and with minimal effort you can have two desserts. Now you’ll be ready for Spring Entertaining!
Easy Cheesecake One Recipe Two Desserts
When I bake I always try my best to make the most of it. I make a mess when I cook and bake so if I can make one recipe into a variety of desserts it is definitely worth the mess time.
My recipe was from a co-worker way back in the ’80’s which I’ve made often and it’s always a hit. Though I did see this recipe on-line recently when I was looking for a smaller size recipe (which I didn’t find).
The main reason I like this recipe is that prep is one bowl and takes only a few minutes. Then bake!
My family enjoys both chocolate and fresh fruit. It’s easy enough to add fresh seasonal fruit or any fresh fruit you have on hand.
Prepare the fresh fruit in advance. It only takes about 10 minutes to prep and wait time is anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour or two (berries are ready sooner than heartier stone fruits like peaches, nectarines, etc.)
Using fresh berries that are starting to wilt is one of the best ways to make a fruit topping for the cheesecake. I like to macerate the fruit. It is easy and a great way to use up fruit that is starting to over-ripen.
A ganache for the chocolate lovers (that’s me, lovely daughter, and grampy) is also quick and easy to make.Print
Easy Cheesecake One Recipe Two Desserts
Easy Cheesecake one recipe two desserts make Spring Entertaining easy. This easy cheesecake recipe is a quick prep. While baking prepare Fresh fruit, a little chocolate ganache drizzle for a variety of cheesecakes for dessert.
- Prep Time: 10-15 min.
- Cook Time: 1 hr.
- Total Time: 1 hr. 15 min.
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 32 oz. Temptee Cream Cheese (or any whipped style cream cheese)
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (I use Monk Fruit)
- 1 stick butter
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 TBLS. cornstarch
Prep Tips: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Use a 9-10″ springform pan, wrap aluminum foil around the bottom of the pan to prevent water from seeping into the cake. Fill a baking pan (large enough to hold the springform pan) with 1″ of water.
- Cream butter and sugar together, then add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. This only takes about 2 minutes (depending on the speed of your mixer).
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and set aside.
- Now place the baking pan with the water into the pre-heated oven. (heads up – this step kinda’ helps to prevent water from spilling (yes, I did spill the water)). Now add the springform pan to the water bath already in the oven.
- Bake approximately 1 hour, or until the cake doesn’t jiggle in the middle. I used a toothpick to be sure it was cooked in the center.
- Let cool and then add your favorite fruit or chocolate topping.
Fresh Fruit Topping — Plan ahead if you want to add fresh fruit toppings. The berries will need anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 minutes for prep, depending on ripeness.
Stone fruits are meatier and will need at least an hour or more to breakdown and absorb the flavors.
- Macerate the fruit – this method breaks down the fruit using sugar and acidity. It only takes a little bit of sugar, a squeeze or two of citrus (lemon or orange), and for ‘adults only’ add a splash of brandy or orange liqueur.
- Taste for desired sweetness or tartness and add additional ingredients accordingly.
- Let the fruit absorb the juices.
Chocolate Ganache is just melting chopped chocolate or chocolate chips in heated milk or cream. I made just enough for one or two servings.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk or half & half (I often use coconut milk) to a small pyrex dish and heat in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and add a 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips stirring until melted. If it is not thick enough, add additional chips slowly but stirring quickly before the milk becomes too cool.
- While the chocolate is warm drizzle over the top of cake.
For another easy option to make this delicious mini fruit topped cheesecakes, you can use canned pie fillings. Use this option if you need to make dessert for a party or large gathering. It will save you a lot of time.
Making mini cheesecakes is a great way to have a variety of desserts. I used the small graham cracker mini cups you find in the dessert/baking aisle of the supermarket. Soooooo easy to make if you use them.
I do not use specific measurements to macerate fruit. There are varying levels of sweetness in different berries and fruits based on the stage of ripeness. My process is called “taste first then slowly add your preferred sweetener”.
For sweetness I use granulated Monk Fruit or maple syrup. The sugar you use is really a matter of your personal sugar preference.
Another easy recipe to make for spring and summer entertaining is this Easy ‘no bake’ Cannoli Dip
Make a variety of mini cheesecakes with your favorite fruit toppings for spring and summer gatherings, bridal or baby showers. Mini cheesecakes are great for the dessert buffet.