Easy Cheesecake One Recipe Two Desserts
Easy Cheesecake one recipe two desserts make Spring Entertaining easy. This easy cheesecake recipe is a quick prep. While baking prepare Fresh fruit, a little chocolate ganache drizzle for a variety of cheesecakes for dessert.
- Prep Time: 10-15 min.
- Cook Time: 1 hr.
- Total Time: 1 hr. 15 min.
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 32 oz. Temptee Cream Cheese (or any whipped style cream cheese)
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (I use Monk Fruit)
- 1 stick butter
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 TBLS. cornstarch
Prep Tips: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Use a 9-10″ springform pan, wrap aluminum foil around the bottom of the pan to prevent water from seeping into the cake. Fill a baking pan (large enough to hold the springform pan) with 1″ of water.
- Cream butter and sugar together, then add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. This only takes about 2 minutes (depending on the speed of your mixer).
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and set aside.
- Now place the baking pan with the water into the pre-heated oven. (heads up – this step kinda’ helps to prevent water from spilling (yes, I did spill the water)). Now add the springform pan to the water bath already in the oven.
- Bake approximately 1 hour, or until the cake doesn’t jiggle in the middle. I used a toothpick to be sure it was cooked in the center.
- Let cool and then add your favorite fruit or chocolate topping.
Fresh Fruit Topping — Plan ahead if you want to add fresh fruit toppings. The berries will need anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 minutes for prep, depending on ripeness.
Stone fruits are meatier and will need at least an hour or more to breakdown and absorb the flavors.
- Macerate the fruit – this method breaks down the fruit using sugar and acidity. It only takes a little bit of sugar, a squeeze or two of citrus (lemon or orange), and for ‘adults only’ add a splash of brandy or orange liqueur.
- Taste for desired sweetness or tartness and add additional ingredients accordingly.
- Let the fruit absorb the juices.
Chocolate Ganache is just melting chopped chocolate or chocolate chips in heated milk or cream. I made just enough for one or two servings.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk or half & half (I often use coconut milk) to a small pyrex dish and heat in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and add a 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips stirring until melted. If it is not thick enough, add additional chips slowly but stirring quickly before the milk becomes too cool.
- While the chocolate is warm drizzle over the top of cake.
For another easy option to make this delicious mini fruit topped cheesecakes, you can use canned pie fillings. Use this option if you need to make dessert for a party or large gathering. It will save you a lot of time.