A decadent, chocolatey, flourless, gluten free cupcake recipe you can bake in the air fryer any time of year and for any celebration.
Flourless Chocolate Almond Cupcakes Small Batch Air Fryer Recipe
This is a small batch cupcake recipe you can make in less than 40 minutes. It’s also flourless, gluten free, refined sugar free and it’s almost sure to please most every chocolate lover.
I’ve made this recipe several times and have used different toppings. We had guests a while ago and I decided to dress up the cupcakes with coconut and almonds. For the real chocolate lover you can make a chocolate ganache and just dip the top of the cupcake into the chocolate. Voila! a chocolate lover’s delight.
How delicious will these flourless Chocolate Almond Cupcakes look on a party dessert buffet table for everyone to enjoy. This is a dessert that will please most everyone.
I’ve been testing a lot of flourless, low carb dessert recipes and two things that are important to me is #1. a recipe that is quick and easy, and of course #2. taste. An important ingredient in any recipe is ‘easy’. We all want delicious recipes but we do not want to spend unnecessary hours in the kitchen to feed our family healthy and delicious meals. My family is picky so taste is something I must always keep in mind.
I’m fortunate to have some of my family living nearby so we are often celebrating or having family gatherings. As a result I’ve been choosing my recipes so I can make them for every day, any season or just because to fit our family’s lifestyle.
This new favorite chocolate recipe is one I’ve been making for several months now. We are chocolate fans so this chocolate almond recipe was a no brainer for testing. It’s also one of those recipes that you can make your own by choosing toppings your family enjoys most.
This version of my flourless chocolate almond cupcake is topped with slivered almonds and shredded coconut. It looks so festive it would be a delicious addition to any dessert table or buffet.Print
Flourless Chocolate Almond Cupcake Gluten Free
A decadent chocolatey, flourless, gluten free easy cupcake recipe to make any day, any time of year and for every celebration. If you are using your air fryer, be sure to follow the manufacturers instructions.
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Cook Time: 15-18 min.
- Total Time: 20-22 min.
- Yield: 5 cupcakes
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 3 tbls. butter (I use Smart Balance)
- 2 tbls. real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I use 60% Ghirardelli)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners into the pan.
FOR AIR FRYER: PREHEAT to 320 degrees. Use silicone cupcake liners.
2. In a glass or stainless steel bowl, add the chocolate chips, butter and honey and heat over a double boiler for a few seconds just until the chocolate starts to melt. Remove the bowl when the chocolate begins to melt and begin stirring until the butter, honey and chocolate are well blended. Let cool (approx. 5-8 min.).
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the cooled melted chocolate and stir well with a wooden spoon. Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pan.
4. Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. FOR AIR FRYER Bake for 8 – 12 minutes. If toothpick does not come out clean, continue to cook at 3-4 minute intervals.
5. Top with slivered almonds and unsweetened shredded coconut (optional).
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Recipe adapted from Snappy Gourmet’s Mini Almond Flour Chocolate Cakes
Keywords: gluten free, grain free cupcakes, chocolate dessert, air fryer recipe
I’ve also made this recipe with a creamy filling and chocolate ganache topping – oh so rich and even more chocolatey. It’s a ‘look a-like’ chocolate cupcake the kids, and dare I say grampy, recognize as a one of their favorite commercial brand cupcakes.
Making a recipe that might look familiar to everyone gives me the chance to encourage everyone to at least try it. This method works 99% of the time which gives me incentive to continue baking a healthier sweet treat alternative. This visual method has worked with recipes like the Quinoa Crust Pizza recipe and this easy Homemade cauli-tater “Tots” Air Fryer Recipe I made a while ago and continue to make today.
PLEASE SHARE &