Spinach Arugula Salad Tops Leftover Chicken will make an ordinary meal Spring to Life!
Spinach Arugula Salad tops leftover chicken is a delicious lunch or light dinner. Chopped roasted peppers, a few black olives and sweet grape tomatoes give this salad pizzazz. It makes dinner special while quick and easy to make on hectic days. We all need a little help some days, this recipe can help.
It’s a bit of a challenge to find new ways to ‘dress up’ leftover air fried chicken cutlets every week. I often struggle to add something different as a side for leftover chicken cutlets.
This spinach and arugula salad tops leftover chicken is a huge help. It’s a salad that is hearty and healthy with delicious flavors. A full size chicken dinner portion is not needed when you make this spinach arugula salad. You can also use any leftover chicken.
I’m not reinventing the wheel with this recipe. You can toss up your favorite salad and add it to your plate. Dinner is Ready!
My motivation is trying to serve something a little different for dinner. Let’s just say grampy’s usual romaine salad with green olives tossed with vinegar and oil is a bit boring.
If I’m frying up chicken cutlets again I would like to dress them up. You know, take them to another level! This salad is a bit on the healthy side and the balsamic dressing is great with the chicken cutlets.
A few new flavors will easily dress up the leftover chicken cutlets. This mixed green salad with fresh baby spinach and arugula is always ready for dinner. Make this even more special by adding in your favorite ingredients.
Spinach Arugula Salad Tops Leftover Chicken
Spinach Arugula Salad tops leftover chicken. It's a quick and easy salad that will dress up your air fried chicken cutlets to make any weeknight dinner special. This recipe can be made for lunch or a light dinner any time of year.
- 10-12 oz. fresh spinach
- 10-12 oz. fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup pignoli nuts, toasted (optional)
- 1 cup chopped roasted peppers
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 4-6 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the spinach and arugula and set aside.
- Roast nuts in a saute pan on low/medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring often until lightly brown.
- Whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, and salt and pepper to taste. Slowly drizzle in the oil and whisk until well combined. You can adjust the amount of oil to your taste by adding less or a little more. Taste to adjust.
- Drizzle over the mixed greens, toss well and serve.
This is a hearty and flavorful salad to use with Leftover Chicken Cutlets. Lunch or Dinner on any day.
I added chopped roasted peppers, Kalamata olives and toasted pine nuts, just a few of our favorite add-ins. Balsamic Dressing is a delicious compliment to the chicken. All in all, the salad was a hit and made this ordinary chicken cutlet a special meal.
PLEASE SHARE &