Air Fryer Spinach and Cheese Roll Up Appetizer Recipe
This air fryer spinach and cheese roll up appetizer recipe is a quick and easy recipe. These easy appetizers can also be a delicious side dish with dinner, or a game day snack.
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: 8-12 min.
- Total Time: 15-20 min.
- Yield: approx. 2 dz.
- Category: Appetizer/Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic (approx. small clove chopped)
- 2 pkgs. fresh spinach, washed & chopped
- 1-2 cups ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2/3 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbls. sesame seeds
- 1 egg wash
- Take pastry out of freezer.
- Wash and dry the fresh spinach. Roughly chop with sharp knife and add to a large bowl.
- To the bowl add the cheeses, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to blend well and set aside.
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry. Cut into 3 rectangles.
- Spread the filling evenly on the pastry sheets. Spread egg wash on the edges and roll up placing the seam side down on a cutting board.
- If the weather is summery warm, you can refrigerate the polls for 20 minutes.
7. Preheat the air fryer to 330 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on the bottom the fryer basket..
- Remove the pastry rolls from the fridge. Cut rolls into 3 or 4 inch slices. Brush the egg wash over the rolls then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place the rolls into the preheated air fryer baking basket. Bake at 330 degrees for 6 to 10 minutes. After 5 minutes check the rolls to be sure they are browning well, turn over and continue to bake until they are done – approx. 2 to 6 additional minutes.
- Serve immediately. Or you can make them in advance and then re-heat them in the oven for a few minutes just to crisp them up.
The bake time in the air fryer depends on how large the rolls are and your air fryer. This recipe can also be oven baked. Check the pastry package for baking time.