A delicious and easy meal that takes less than 30 minutes. Yes, you can make this delicious shrimp and pineapple recipe any weeknight or for weekend barbecues.
Easy Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Recipe
A mixed green summer salad topped with grilled shrimp and pineapple takes less then 30 minutes to make. This sweet and savory dinner is so easy you can make this anytime.
Shrimp is one of my go-to summer favorites. It’s very quick to prepare and cooks up quickly as well. So no stress making this easy grilled shrimp and pineapple recipe after a hectic busy day.
I most often use frozen shrimp that are cleaned. All that needs to be done is defrost the shrimp early in the day. Rinse the shrimp in ice cold water and devein those that need it. Rinse again and dry on paper towel and refrigerate.
Season the shrimp and place in fridge. Slice the pineapple. Make the pineapple slices about 1/2 inch thick, maybe a little more if you wish. If the pineapple slices are too thin they will break apart – you don’t want that to happen if you can help it. Add pineapple to bowl along with the honey and orange juice and set aside.
Prepare your mixed green salad, add in your preferred salad ingredients and add a portion of the salad to each plate.
When you are ready It’s grilling time!Print
Easy Grilled Shrimp With Pineapple Recipe
Easy Grilled Shrimp With Pineapple recipe is a delicious meal that is so very easy to make you can make on any weeknight for dinner. Of course this delicious recipe can also be made for your weekend grilling. Flavorful, delicious and refreshing any time.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 12-15 min.
- Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Fresh mixed greens for salad
- 1 pound Shrimp (cleaned & deveined)
- 2 tbls. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tbls. olive oil
- 1 Pineapple, sliced in rings
- 1-2 tbls. honey
- 1 fresh orange juiced
- 2 scallions sliced/chopped
- Juice of 2-3 Limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl blend together the garlic, parsley, red pepper and oil and stir in the cleaned shrimp. Set aside.
- In another bowl add the honey and orange juice, add a pinch of salt & stir. Toss in the pineapple.
- Add the pineapple to a hot grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or just until the pineapple is lightly charred (not burned or overcooked).
- Add the shrimp to the grill and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve over fresh mixed greens and add fresh squeezed lime juice and sliced pineapple.
This quick and easy recipe is a delicious meal. The sweetness from the pineapple and the fresh lime juice just adds so much flavor to make a hearty, healthy meal anytime of year.