An easy and delicious homemade focaccia bread you can make any time of year can be baked in the oven or in the air fryer.
Easy Homemade Focaccia bread is a very versatile recipe to make for breakfast, lunch, dinner and appetizers. You can keep the kitchen cool and make focaccia bread in the air fryer whenever the mood strikes. Lazy afternoons when everyone is chillin’ and watching the game or a family movie focaccia bread is delicious for sandwiches as well.
Talk about versatile, this easy homemade focaccia bread recipe should be in your recipe box for those occasions when you need to make just one more ‘something’ especially when planning a special menu. This can be the ‘go to’ recipe for any buffet table.
A simple pizza dough recipe is all you need to get started. This is a photo of the recipe I have used for many years. No need to squint to read it, you can print out the easy homemade pizza dough recipe here.
When you are short on time you can also use refrigerator pizza dough. Follow the instructions on the package for cooking time. It will differ from homemade pizza dough.
This easy homemade focaccia bread makes a delicious appetizer. Add it to a party buffet. It’s really easy to make and you can top it with any herbs or toppings you like.
You can top it with a variety of jarred items or cheeses. You can also make a plain focaccia bread and serve it with family dinner along with a platter of cheese and salami.
I’ve made focaccia bread many times over the years and I’m admitting that it never turned out right. I could never put my finger on the problem but I was determined to keep trying.
One thing to remember when making focaccia bread is to be sure you make indents in the dough. It’s not a necessity but it’s makes a little bed for the add-ins. This tip is from my sister the cook. She makes focaccia bread very often and has offered me her expert tips and tricks.
A Google search lead me to the foodnetwork.com. It seems that I wasn’t using enough olive oil, yes, that simple addition of more oil was all my focaccia bread needed.
When the weather is warm you may not want to make this in the oven, but you can make this in your air fryer. So very easy to make, you’ll have a delicious bread option when you are looking for something delicious and different from a slice of bread.
Below are two items I use to make easy the easy homemade focaccia bread air fryer recipe. The pan is a 7″ round Wilton pan. For a free form shaped focaccia you can place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper and add to the air fryer basket.
Easy Homemade Focaccia Bread Air Fryer Recipe
Easy Homemade Focaccia Bread can be made in the air fryer or oven baked using a pizza dough. Focaccia bread is a delicious substitute for store bought bread with your meal and can also be served as an appetizer for family gatherings or parties.
- Prep Time: 15-20 min.
- Cook Time: 20-25 min.
- Total Time: 2 hr. dough rising time
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Category: Dinner/Side Dish
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- Prepare the pizza dough & let it rise
- 1/8 cup of olive oil (for baking sheet)
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. rosemary, thyme, basil (optional, use whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers and/or tomatoes (optional)
- 1/4 cup black olives, halved (optional)
- 1/4 cup green olives, halved (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
OVEN BAKED DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare an 11 x 15 baking sheet (with sides) by spreading it generously with olive oil (approx. ⅛ cup, add more if needed), and set aside.
- When the pizza dough has risen remove from the bowl and spread it out on the baking sheet. Punch down the dough with fingertips to make indentations. Set aside. If the dough rises and the indents disappear you can punch down the dough to make more indentations while the topping is cooking.
- In a small saucepan heat the olive oil on medium. When hot, add in the chopped garlic and let it cook just for a few seconds, just to infuse the garlic flavors into the oil.
- Next add in the red pepper flakes and let simmer for another minute. Do not let the oil get too hot or it will burn the garlic and pepper flakes.
- Add in the olives and parsley with a little salt and pepper. Let simmer for about 5-8 minutes just to let the flavors blend.
- Pour the oil mixture over the top of the dough, spreading it with a spatula to cover. Brush more oil around the edges if needed.
- Bake for 15 to 25, depending on your oven, just until the edges and bottom is lightly browned.
AIR FRYER DIRECTIONS
Preheat the air fryer, or prepare according to manufacturer’s instructions. The air fryer temperature I use is 360 degrees, and it bakes for 12-15 minutes. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the dough. If dough is thin baking time will be shorter.
- Prepare a pan that fits into your air fryer basket.
- Continue as above from steps #2 to #8.
I use a round 7″ wilton pan and/or parchment rounds that fit in the air fryer basket. You can make a free form focaccia and place it directly on the parchment sheet and bake as directed.
Keywords: focaccia bread, homemade pizza dough, appetizers, game day snacks
You can also make sandwiches with focaccia bread. Add delicious herbs such as rosemary, oregano, basil, and other topping such as onions and tomatoes or a variety of olives.