Easy Homemade Focaccia Bread Air Fryer Recipe
Easy Homemade Focaccia Bread can be made in the air fryer or oven baked using a pizza dough. Focaccia bread is a delicious substitute for store bought bread with your meal and can also be served as an appetizer for family gatherings or parties.
- Prep Time: 15-20 min.
- Cook Time: 20-25 min.
- Total Time: 2 hr. dough rising time
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Category: Dinner/Side Dish
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- Prepare the pizza dough & let it rise
- 1/8 cup of olive oil (for baking sheet)
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. rosemary, thyme, basil (optional, use whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers and/or tomatoes (optional)
- 1/4 cup black olives, halved (optional)
- 1/4 cup green olives, halved (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
OVEN BAKED DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare an 11 x 15 baking sheet (with sides) by spreading it generously with olive oil (approx. ⅛ cup, add more if needed), and set aside.
- When the pizza dough has risen remove from the bowl and spread it out on the baking sheet. Punch down the dough with fingertips to make indentations. Set aside. If the dough rises and the indents disappear you can punch down the dough to make more indentations while the topping is cooking.
- In a small saucepan heat the olive oil on medium. When hot, add in the chopped garlic and let it cook just for a few seconds, just to infuse the garlic flavors into the oil.
- Next add in the red pepper flakes and let simmer for another minute. Do not let the oil get too hot or it will burn the garlic and pepper flakes.
- Add in the olives and parsley with a little salt and pepper. Let simmer for about 5-8 minutes just to let the flavors blend.
- Pour the oil mixture over the top of the dough, spreading it with a spatula to cover. Brush more oil around the edges if needed.
- Bake for 15 to 25, depending on your oven, just until the edges and bottom is lightly browned.
AIR FRYER DIRECTIONS
Preheat the air fryer, or prepare according to manufacturer’s instructions. The air fryer temperature I use is 360 degrees, and it bakes for 12-15 minutes. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the dough. If dough is thin baking time will be shorter.
- Prepare a pan that fits into your air fryer basket.
- Continue as above from steps #2 to #8.
I use a round 7″ wilton pan and/or parchment rounds that fit in the air fryer basket. You can make a free form focaccia and place it directly on the parchment sheet and bake as directed.
Keywords: focaccia bread, homemade pizza dough, appetizers, game day snacks